Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: Post game SB interviews revealed why Ravens are better: chemistry

  1. #31
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,106
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    This isn't a court of law; the obvious writing on the wall is good enough to realize what the truth is.
    Who is talking about a court of law? You made statements that these guys were saying things to disrupt the team. I still haven't seen anything "obvious" to suggest otherwise. The only things that you've shown are that they had a down year. The numbers bear that out. Heck, I'd even be interested in a media report that one of them said something against the coaches or FO to their team mates. Do you have anything other than speculation??

  2. #32
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,393
    Ravens are ahead of the Steelers, but change can come quickly

    By Alan Robinson
    Published: Tuesday, February 5, 2013



    NEW ORLEANS — It can change that quickly.

    Two months and three days since the Steelers won at Baltimore behind Charlie Batch, the Ravens — despite losing four of five to end the season — are Super Bowl champions.

    “This has been a long journey, and I don't think it would be quite as enjoyable as it would have been if we hadn't gone through all this stuff,” quarterback and Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco said Monday.

    With the Steelers facing major issues at wide receiver, running back and possibly cornerback, the question is whether the Ravens — by winning their second Super Bowl — have lengthened the distance that already existed between the two rivals.

    When the Ravens won their other Super Bowl in 2000, they were 12-4 and the Steelers were third at 9-7. But a season later, the Steelers went 13-3 to the Ravens' 10-6 and beat Baltimore in the playoffs.

    So how do the Ravens and Steelers match up right now for 2013?

    QUARTERBACK: Flacco will be back with the Ravens, even if it costs them about $20 million. He said Monday he wants to be “a Raven for life.” Ben Roethlisberger has won two Super Bowls.

    RUNNING BACK: The Steelers are coming off their second-worst rushing season in 30 years and don't have a clear-cut lead runner. The Ravens bring back two Pro Bowlers: Ray Rice and fullback Vonta Leach.

    WIDE RECEIVER: Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin and Jacoby Jones all return on a Ravens offense on which only left tackle Bryant McKinnie is an unrestricted free agent. The Steelers might lose top downfield threat Mike Wallace.

    OFFENSIVE LINE: The Steelers could lose two of their steadiest players regardless of position in Max Starks and Ramon Foster, leaving them with potentially their most inexperienced lines in years. Guards Kelechi Osemele and Marshal Yanda, center Matt Birk and right tackle Michael Oher all return on the Ravens line.

    DEFENSIVE LINE: The Steelers are expected to shed Casey Hampton, which puts even more pressure on Ziggy Hood, Cam Heyward and Steve McLendon to produce. All the Ravens' starters are back.

    LINEBACKERS: Once the Steelers' strength, they need LaMarr Woodley to have a bounce back year and James Harrison to stay healthy. Larry Foote may leave. For the Ravens, 13-time Pro Bowl linebacker Ray Lewis will retire, and inside linebacker Dannell Ellerbe is an unrestricted free agent.

    SECONDARY: The Ravens face a potential shakeup with cornerback Cary Williams and safety Ed Reed both unrestricted free agents. Cornerback Corey Graham and safety Bernard Pollard return. Steelers safeties Troy Polamalu and Ryan Clark are getting older but both figure to start next season unless a surprise move is made. Cornerback Keenan Lewis could leave as an unrestricted free agent.

    SPECIAL TEAMS: The punters and kickers for both teams are under contract.

    http://triblive.com/sports/nfl/34227...#ixzz2KBhU3tip

  3. #33
    The Ravens could very well cut either Boldin or Jacoby Jones...or both...

    Putting the double-secret franchise tag will put a hurting on their cap...

    Also, Paul Krueger is a UFA, IIRC...

  4. #34
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The Ravens could very well cut either Boldin or Jacoby Jones...or both...

    Putting the double-secret franchise tag will put a hurting on their cap...

    Also, Paul Krueger is a UFA, IIRC...
    I doubt Jacoby Jones gets cut, he's a dual threat in the return game and in the passing game, that wouldn't make much sense to me, but I'm not a GM. Krueger is a pass rushing specialist,it will be curious to see where his value falls once he hits the market, if he hits the market. I could see Boldin being cut, but it will be a difficult decision, he was boss for Flacco this year, Larry Fitzgerald may be the only receiver in the league that battles for every ball thrown his way better than Boldin. He was stinkin awesome this year.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  5. #35
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Who is talking about a court of law? You made statements that these guys were saying things to disrupt the team. I still haven't seen anything "obvious" to suggest otherwise. The only things that you've shown are that they had a down year. The numbers bear that out. Heck, I'd even be interested in a media report that one of them said something against the coaches or FO to their team mates. Do you have anything other than speculation??
    Look, you obviously don't possess much insight, even when dealing with the obvious. I guess in your world, when someone literally doesn't show up for work, for no reason, other than they are pouting, they are saying only great things about their employer. If you believe this, have a lollipop and enjoy a pony ride.

  6. #36
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,808
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Look, you obviously don't possess much insight, even when dealing with the obvious. I guess in your world, when someone literally doesn't show up for work, for no reason, other than they are pouting, they are saying only great things about their employer. If you believe this, have a lollipop and enjoy a pony ride.
    So.... the answer is no.

  7. #37
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    So.... the answer is no.
    The answer is being able to observe the obvious. You don't need a sworn testimony to know what is what. Fo wheel.

  8. #38
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,808
    So... the answer is no. Ha

  9. #39
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,575
    Nah Felt- he's right. The only difference between 8-8 & winning the SB is removing Wallace & Mendenhall. They were the problem. But it's ok- they are leaving. As a result, there will be no more injuries. The OL will tranform into Pro Bowlers. The DL will give us flashbacks of Mean Joe. Harrison will magically get better, even as he gets older. The playcalling will be faultless. The upper management won't need to get involved in coaching hires & fires. Ben will never get hurt. Brown will live up to the $6.2m the team invested in him. Scrub RB's like Dwyer & Redman will eclipse anything Jerome Bettis ever gave the team. Ike Taylor will improve, at 34.

    Steelers will go undefeated next year now.

    Happy days.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  10. #40
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Nah Felt- he's right. The only difference between 8-8 & winning the SB is removing Wallace & Mendenhall. They were the problem. But it's ok- they are leaving. As a result, there will be no more injuries. The OL will tranform into Pro Bowlers. The DL will give us flashbacks of Mean Joe. Harrison will magically get better, even as he gets older. The playcalling will be faultless. The upper management won't need to get involved in coaching hires & fires. Ben will never get hurt. Brown will live up to the $6.2m the team invested in him. Scrub RB's like Dwyer & Redman will eclipse anything Jerome Bettis ever gave the team. Ike Taylor will improve, at 34.

    Steelers will go undefeated next year now.

    Happy days.
    Ike wants to live in Chadland.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •