Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Better Outlook From Today Forward: Ben vs. Joe

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    Haley offence in KC was great one year. Yup one year. Guess who was the OC. Charlie Weiss. Regarding Top 5 RB well Steelers had 3 pro-bowlers on offense last season. So BA offense was great i guess. And what did Ben questioned?? Give more passes to Heath instead of UDFA RB??? Go more no-huddle?? Throw few more vertical passes??? Ben saved Haley's arse with out of the world 3rd percentage. Todd Haley neutered Mike Wallace. As i said if you think Todd Haley play calling towards the end of the season was out of the world well expect more 8-8 season. Even his own KC player (Brandon Carr) went on record that he knew what Todd Haley would do in that situation. Ben needs to learn new offense and its not easy at 31 but Haley himself need to start calling better games. As i said with better O-Line and running game play-action will come into picture.

Ben injury was a freak injury. He was not running around. If he threw the ball it could have been intentional grounding on 3rd down. In the hind sight he should have taken a penalty but taking a sack at that time was not a bad idea. Ben got injured on that play well tough luck i would say.
    Amazingly, with how pathetic you say our offense was, Ben was having the best season statistically in his career until he got injured again while running around holding onto the ball.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

The play Ben was injured on was avoidable.. its not like Haley has deep patterns and Ben didnt have a wr to toss it. In the dirt. He also could have run for a few yards. Maybe it was a freak accident but he is the master of freak accidents. I expect the same thing to happen every year... not broken bones or season endijg but just enough to miss a few games or get the "if he was healthy we could make a run" story line.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Amazingly, with how pathetic you say our offense was, Ben was having the best season statistically in his career until he got injured again while running around holding onto the ball.
    As is said Todd Haley became way too predictable as the season progressed. Maybe its the injuries to O-line and no running game. We will figure it out in 2013.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    Haley offence in KC was great one year. Yup one year. Guess who was the OC. Charlie Weiss. Regarding Top 5 RB well Steelers had 3 pro-bowlers on offense last season. So BA offense was great i guess. And what did Ben questioned?? Give more passes to Heath instead of UDFA RB??? Go more no-huddle?? Throw few more vertical passes??? Ben saved Haley's arse with out of the world 3rd percentage. Todd Haley neutered Mike Wallace. As i said if you think Todd Haley play calling towards the end of the season was out of the world well expect more 8-8 season. Even his own KC player (Brandon Carr) went on record that he knew what Todd Haley would do in that situation. Ben needs to learn new offense and its not easy at 31 but Haley himself need to start calling better games. As i said with better O-Line and running game play-action will come into picture.

Ben injury was a freak injury. He was not running around. If he threw the ball it could have been intentional grounding on 3rd down. In the hind sight he should have taken a penalty but taking a sack at that time was not a bad idea. Ben got injured on that play well tough luck i would say.
    yeah, thats what im not getting with all the "ben criticized the play calling"

he was asked why they didnt go to miller more inthe 2nd half (after scoring a TD vs. dallas in the 1st)

is heath running deep post or fly patterns?? as the bashers think he wants to throw the long ball?. he recognized a mismatch but the play calling moved away from it