Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: USA Today Mock Draft

  1. #1
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,203

    USA Today Mock Draft

    [URL]http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/02/04/2013-mock-nfl-draft/1889815/[/URL]

    Warmack gone at #9
    Fisher gone at #7

    We take Alec Ogletree at #17. I like Ogletree better than Te'o who they think lasts until #32 to the Ravens.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer Djfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,663
    I would be happy with that. I don't want Te'o no matter what. No head cases, please.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com


    My son's first Kansas Turkey!

  3. #3
    Legend Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,867
    Ogletree is a freak. I do think Dee brings up a good point about complements...his skill set is much like Timmons...his weaknesses much like Timmons. I think Ogletree would be interesting playing at OLB.
    1 Takkarist McKinley-OLB UCLA
    2 Budda Baker-FS Washington
    3 Noah Brown-WR tOSU
    4 Joe Mixon-RB Oklahoma
    5 Ahkello Witherspoon-CB Colorado
    6 Riley Bullough-ILB Michigan State
    7 QB-Seth Russell-Baylor

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    3,094
    I've seen a couple of drafts that have the Steelers going safety in round 1 - either Kenny Vaccaro (Texas - 6'1"/215 ) or Matt Elam (Florida - 5'10"/205).

  5. #5
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    18,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    I would be happy with that. I don't want Te'o no matter what. No head cases, please.
    I agree... I watched the Dr. Phil interview with the gay dude who is confused. I'm sorry but that's too much time phone boning for my liking. Something is odd about Te'o.. I know it was a hoax and I don't think he was in on it but it's too much. I think he will have a Tebow like career where the cameras are following him all the time over everything but his game on the field.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'm sorry but that's too much time phone boning for my liking.
    So what is the proper amount of time for phone boning?

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    3,094
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    So what is the proper amount of time for phone boning?
    I don't think it's very cool of you guys to be making fun of this situation. I mean, someone's imaginary girlfriend died...

  8. #8
    Legend Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I've seen a couple of drafts that have the Steelers going safety in round 1 - either Kenny Vaccaro (Texas - 6'1"/215 ) or Matt Elam (Florida - 5'10"/205).
    I'll tell you why I wouldn't go safety in round one, unless you are planning on grabbing 2. This safety class is really deep. The difference between a guy like Vaccaro in round 1 and a guy like TJ McDonald in round 3 is minimal. Vaccaro though is a solid safety...not a super star but solid.
    1 Takkarist McKinley-OLB UCLA
    2 Budda Baker-FS Washington
    3 Noah Brown-WR tOSU
    4 Joe Mixon-RB Oklahoma
    5 Ahkello Witherspoon-CB Colorado
    6 Riley Bullough-ILB Michigan State
    7 QB-Seth Russell-Baylor

  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I'll tell you why I wouldn't go safety in round one, unless you are planning on grabbing 2. This safety class is really deep. The difference between a guy like Vaccaro in round 1 and a guy like TJ McDonald in round 3 is minimal. Vaccaro though is a solid safety...not a super star but solid.
    Shawn--I have to disagree a little. I think Vaccaro is heads and shoulders above others if we are going to have our SS run all the the place like Troy does. McDonald doesn't have that skillset although TJ may be as bad in pass coverage as Troy is at times. Must be a USC thing.

    If we play our Safeties more normally then I think you are right.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •