Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In the SB history are there any other QB to....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

In the SB history are there any other QB to....

Win two and no MVP award? Even Flacco can win one, do we Steeler fans have Ben overrated.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben has played poorly other than one drive vs Arizona. Flaccos WR's made him look good too...plus a little luck.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Outside of the last drive vs AZ... can you really say Ben played at an MVP level?

Legend

User Info Menu

It's Bruce Arians' fault....

Legend

User Info Menu

After checking, Ben was 21/30 for 256 against the Cards. Not huge numbers but could have easily been MVP in that game. He was awful in SB XL, but they don't get there without him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Win two and no MVP award? Even Flacco can win one, do we Steeler fans have Ben overrated.
    No, I don't think Steelers fans overrate Ben, what they will do is call him out when he's playing poorly. In the Seattle SB Ben didn't play well, but he played well against the Cards and decent against GB. The thing is without him we don't even get to the SB, its what he did to get us there.

Ben isn't the best QB out there, but no one can question is toughness. He won 15 games as a rookie, the youngest QB to win a SB, but more than the numbers he's the toughest QB to play the game.
    Overrated? Nah, he just wants to win SB's. Since He's been our QB only three QB's have won multiple SB's, Brady, Eli Manning, an Ben. He helped the Steelers GET to three SB'S so again he isn't overrated in our eyes, we call it like it is....Ben's a champion!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Terry wasn't awarded the MVP until the Steelers' third SB victory...it was Franco and then Swanny in the first two...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

As has been stated, Ben could/should have won it in the Cards SB. I still don't understand how a receiver wins the MVP if he doesn't have a qb throwing him MVP-worthy passes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit View Post
    As has been stated, Ben could/should have won it in the Cards SB. I still don't understand how a receiver wins the MVP if he doesn't have a qb throwing him MVP-worthy passes.
    the toes...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    No, I don't think Steelers fans overrate Ben, what they will do is call him out when he's playing poorly. In the Seattle SB Ben didn't play well, but he played well against the Cards and decent against GB. The thing is without him we don't even get to the SB, its what he did to get us there.

Ben isn't the best QB out there, but no one can question is toughness. He won 15 games as a rookie, the youngest QB to win a SB, but more than the numbers he's the toughest QB to play the game.
    Overrated? Nah, he just wants to win SB's. Since He's been our QB only three QB's have won multiple SB's, Brady, Eli Manning, an Ben. He helped the Steelers GET to three SB'S so again he isn't overrated in our eyes, we call it like it is....Ben's a champion!
    the whole "we don't get there without him" doesn't make sense to me... you can say that about every QB in the SB who won the MVP.

Ben is a great QB but IMO he has to have an MVP performance in the SB to get the award. The run up to it in 2005 or his rookie season doesn't serve any purpose when talking about the SB MVP.

It's not that serious IMO...