Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 56

Thread: In the SB history are there any other QB to....

  1. #41
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    If you watch the play live you can clearly see at around 4:00 of the video the LDE bull-rushes Colon straight back about 5 yards then jumps with his arm extended right beside Ben causing him to pump. The DB was sprinting up to tackle Holmes when Holmes snatches the ball out of the air and changes his running direction in a 'C' toward the sideline so the dude was out of control trying to close on Holmes and slipped trying to stop.

    Moore was standing on the 47 yard line on the pump fake and the DB that slipped was on the 31 at the time of the slip.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzDawiYEpFU
    @_Hellgrammite

  2. #42
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post


    17 second mark...

    When Holmes is about to catch the ball at the 35 the DB is at the 30... he isn't falling over due to the pump fake, he fell over because Holmes broke outside. Ben was great on the last drive but he doesn't have the power to make a guy fall like you claim.
    Agreed. Like I said before, Ben played great on that final drive but Holmes caught that pass and broke outside and would of ripped off a huge gain whether the DB fell or not. Then the actual TD grab, keeping his tip toes in bounds, is just a superb catch. Really good throw but superb catch.
    @_Hellgrammite

  3. #43
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,204
    Ben uses the pump fake to get DBs out of position. He is probably the best in the league right now at the pump fake. In the SB against Arizona Ben used the pump fake to move a defender towards Moore which opened a hole for Holmes. Holmes made a move that caused the defender to fall and get the YAC. However, if not for Ben's pump fake Holmes would not have been open or even if Ben fit the ball into him he probably would have been tackled immediately.

    I don't know how you can decide who did more on the play. I think that's why they call football a "team" game.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  4. #44
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Ben uses the pump fake to get DBs out of position. He is probably the best in the league right now at the pump fake. In the SB against Arizona Ben used the pump fake to move a defender towards Moore which opened a hole for Holmes. Holmes made a move that caused the defender to fall and get the YAC. However, if not for Ben's pump fake Holmes would not have been open or even if Ben fit the ball into him he probably would have been tackled immediately.

    I don't know how you can decide who did more on the play. I think that's why they call football a "team" game.
    The pump fake didn't open a hole for Holmes. Holmes opened a hole for Holmes by catching the ball and immediately cutting outside while the DB was loading up for a straight on hit.
    @_Hellgrammite

  5. #45
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,432
    I think the Super Bowl XLIII MVP was a toss up between Ben and Santonio that came down to the catch. Ben put the ball in the only place he could and Santionio made a beautiful catch. I'm wondering if that play breaks down, Ben avoids a sack and scrambles into the end zone, is he the MVP instead of Holmes?

  6. #46
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,095
    Of course, everyone remembers the catch Holmes MADE. Rightfully so. However, he missed an easier but equally well-thrown ball just before it.

  7. #47
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Of course, everyone remembers the catch Holmes MADE. Rightfully so. However, he missed an easier but equally well-thrown ball just before it.
    That ball was overthrown. He was leaping through the air and laid out for it.
    @_Hellgrammite

  8. #48
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    That ball was overthrown. He was leaping through the air and laid out for it.
    The pass before "the catch?" That was a great throw and should have been an easier catch than the one he actually made.

  9. #49
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,106
    easier? Not sure about that... both were difficult.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    The pass before "the catch?" That was a great throw and should have been an easier catch than the one he actually made.
    I agree. IIRC, both Ben and Santonio agreed as well, at the time...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •