Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AP Coach of Year..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I know it's not politically correct to mention this, but the illness of the head coach actually made it easier for BA to win. With the players so motivated from the illness, he had a group that was ready to run through any brick wall. I find it likely that BA being head coach without such a scenario will make it more difficult to succeed. We will find out next year. Not saying I have a problem with him getting coach of the year, but I wouldn't have a problem with Jim Harbaugh or Pete Carrol winning it as well. One coach who was less deserving than any other to win it? Mike Tomlin.
    Yep. Was thinking the same thing.. They did have motivation on their side....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I know it's not politically correct to mention this, but the illness of the head coach actually made it easier for BA to win. With the players so motivated from the illness, he had a group that was ready to run through any brick wall. I find it likely that BA being head coach without such a scenario will make it more difficult to succeed. We will find out next year. Not saying I have a problem with him getting coach of the year, but I wouldn't have a problem with Jim Harbaugh or Pete Carrol winning it as well. One coach who was less deserving than any other to win it? Mike Tomlin.
    I dont buy that... they could have easily packed it in as well since the expectations were so low. Its Peyton, its Ben, its Luck... always an excuse when it comes to BA. Its always... wait until next year to see him fail.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I dont buy that... they could have easily packed it in as well since the expectations were so low. Its Peyton, its Ben, its Luck... always an excuse when it comes to BA. Its always... wait until next year to see him fail.
    The fact is that with all the talent on offense, the Steelers still only scratched the top 10 once in BA's reign. The offense was stagnant.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The fact is that with all the talent on offense, the Steelers still only scratched the top 10 once in BA's reign. The offense was stagnant.
    True... but we had big plays and never went .500

Rookie

User Info Menu

There is not a big history of successful interim head cooaches in the NFL...

Arians did a good job in Indy...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    There were no excuses when he was here because he clearly sucked. His play calling was garbage. His system using a TE as a FB was retarded. His lack of practicing rush blocking was not a fit in Pgh. He did a good job this year, under his conditions, but he is going to FAIL in AZ. Watch and learn.