Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wonder about these writers who vote for the HOF Candidates

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I wonder about these writers who vote for the HOF Candidates

Jerome should of made it.

Curly culp? What about Charles Haley who has 5 sb rings and was a force for two teams.

And Michael Strahan

Legend

User Info Menu

Curley Culp is a Seniors candidate who was voted on separately from the modern-era guys. There is a maximum of 5 modern-era candidates who can be inducted each year. In order to add Bettis, Haley, and Strahan, you'd have to eliminate 3 of the 5 modern era candidates who got in today. In another thread, I submitted my predictions, and I think I only got one of the seven wrong (I believe I suggested Haley instead of Sapp).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Curley Culp is a Seniors candidate who was voted on separately from the modern-era guys. There is a maximum of 5 modern-era candidates who can be inducted each year. In order to add Bettis, Haley, and Strahan, you'd have to eliminate 3 of the 5 modern era candidates who got in today. In another thread, I submitted my predictions, and I think I only got one of the seven wrong (I believe I suggested Haley instead of Sapp).
    I really thought Jerome would make it, now if Haley made it instead of Sapp I wouldn't of been disappointed as much as he is well derserving but SAPP? The Bus will get in it's just a matter of time, he seperated himself from all other BIG backs in the way he played and how long he played.
    Congrats to Chris Carter, he had to wait for sometime to get in too and one of the best receivers ever. The way these writers vote I wonder if Hines Ward will ever make it when its his time? In my eyes he was the best steelers receiver that wore the Black & Gold but he may have a tough time getting in.

[url]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3411123-74/bettis-nfl-former#axzz2JpqoiU7l[/url]
    Last edited by supersteeler; 02-03-2013 at 07:43 AM.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Hines also had 100 catches but performed better in the post season than Carter (who just made it) and Tim Brown (who has not)....

Also, when Bettis retired, he was #5 on the all time rushing list...Curtis Martin was #4...Bettis should and will get in...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Homes had 1000 catches....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bettis likely has to wait as a result of Faulk and Martin making it the past couple of years. Some of these other guys have already been passed over twice in favor of a RB, so the voters probably are trying to spread things out.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

There is no greater travesty than the fact that Donnie Shell is not even thought of as a candidate much less in the Hall of Fame. Compare his numbers to all SS who played the game and he is top 3 minimum all-time. That should get you in the Hall of Fame. Then factor in his leadership and how in big games he always seemed to come up with a big hit/big play for his team. And we are talking about teams that won 4 Super Bowls.

It irks me to no-end!!
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    There is no greater travesty than the fact that Donnie Shell is not even thought of as a candidate much less in the Hall of Fame. Compare his numbers to all SS who played the game and he is top 3 minimum all-time. That should get you in the Hall of Fame. Then factor in his leadership and how in big games he always seemed to come up with a big hit/big play for his team. And we are talking about teams that won 4 Super Bowls.

It irks me to no-end!!

I'm with you Dee, donnie was a great safety and talk about a hitter man he would knock players silly.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post

It irks me to no-end!!
    Earl Campbell probably has him at #1 all time

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I'm with you Dee, donnie was a great safety and talk about a hitter man he would knock players silly.
    And he did it without beings headhunter like George Atkinson and jack tatum, love me some Donnie shell.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount