Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Warner said, Haley's offense Is Good For Ben

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089

    Warner said, Haley's offense Is Good For Ben

    http://triblive.com/sports/nfl/34066...#axzz2Jjq90PDK

    As the article stated Ben was having one of his best years before the injury, and with this type of offense Linemen don't have to hold blocks as long. I think we just need a solid run game to compliment Haley's offense.
    The misconception is Ben can't throw down the field, he can but not like he did under Arians, having a run game will help balance this offense and keep defenses guessing.

    If you noticed Ben distributed his passes more under Haley as Miller was having a great year, and even fullback Will Johnson caught some passes. I think with a second year we should see improvement, having Ben healthy is key though.

  2. #2
    Warner is right. Haley's offense is perfect for Ben...at least the Ben...Ben needs to be. Being the crazy, spontaneous gunslinger worked for awhile. He is getting older, and frankly he needs to become more disciplined. He might not have liked it, but he was playing very well within that system.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,864
    Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    http://triblive.com/sports/nfl/34066...#axzz2Jjq90PDK

    As the article stated Ben was having one of his best years before the injury, and with this type of offense Linemen don't have to hold blocks as long. I think we just need a solid run game to compliment Haley's offense.
    The misconception is Ben can't throw down the field, he can but not like he did under Arians, having a run game will help balance this offense and keep defenses guessing.

    If you noticed Ben distributed his passes more under Haley as Miller was having a great year, and even fullback Will Johnson caught some passes. I think with a second year we should see improvement, having Ben healthy is key though.
    Do you see what the problem is with this?? if they OL learns they don't have to hold blocks as long, how in the world can they possibly develop a solid run game? The short passing game leads to lazy OL play.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Do you see what the problem is with this?? if they OL learns they don't have to hold blocks as long, how in the world can they possibly develop a solid run game? The short passing game leads to lazy OL play.
    A good line can do both, the Patriots do it to a T and been doing it for years that's why they have a prolific offense. I don't think their O-line is lazy when they average 35 points a game.
    Last edited by supersteeler; 02-02-2013 at 10:21 AM.

  5. #5
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,368
    Haley's turning Ben into DinkandDunklisberger.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Warner gets it. Hopefully Ben sits back and does as well. He doesn't play for the Pittsburgh Roethlisberger's.
    @_Hellgrammite

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Warner gets it. Hopefully Ben sits back and does as well. He doesn't play for the Pittsburgh Roethlisberger's.
    It seems to me that a fragile, quick release guy like Warner would have been much more suited to this type of Offense than a beastly gambler like Ben. Not that Ben can't succeed in it, but Warner is better suited for it.

  8. #8
    Legend fordfixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State of confusion
    Posts
    7,533
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Haley's turning Ben into DinkandDunklisberger.
    Funny........

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Haley's turning Ben into DinkandDunklisberger.
    Fact is, as he gets older he can no longer afford to be "Recklessberger".

  10. #10
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Fact is, as he gets older he can no longer afford to be "Recklessberger".
    Or SuperBowlWinningQuarterbacklisberger

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •