Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Football Focus ranks Steelers O-line 25th

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Pro Football Focus ranks Steelers O-line 25th

25. Pittsburgh Steelers (25)PB – 24th, RB – 30th, PEN – 18th

Stud: The best player on this line is Maurkice Pouncey (+5.4), though that speaks volumes about this line and less about him. He does his job, but unlike a lot of linemen in this league he doesn’t pop out on tape as someone who makes a massive difference.

Dud: It’s nice to have a player who can play a number of positions, but the Steelers faithful must be hoping they don’t see an awful lot more of Doug Legursky (-10.5).

Summary: Try as they might, the Steelers can’t field a line that can pass protect and open up lanes. That’s despite a significant recent investment of early-round draft picks. That said, this line was never about 2012, and hopefully a healthy unit next year will justify the hope.
    I know some don't like PFF, but they are usually pretty spot on. A lot of the NFL teams use their analytics.

I think they pretty much have it right, this line has some potential in the future, but it was still bad this year due to injuries, etc..
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

but legursky is such a beast in the weight room!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

25th but let's run out and draft defensive players. This is why the offense is inconsistent and ineffective and until this is really fixed it will stay that way.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    25th but let's run out and draft defensive players. This is why the offense is inconsistent and ineffective and until this is really fixed it will stay that way.
    we have spent 4 premium picks on the OL in 3 years.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I wonder if there in the 1st rd a LT is needed to replace Starks. More Gilbert to OG. Leave Adams at RT. Legs seems fine at back up center. Beachum can back up LT/RT maybe guard also. Did the Steelers take Gilbert as a T or G?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post

EXACTLY! Time to put up!
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

exactly... we have a bunch of young guys on the OL, coaching and conditioning are the only problems IMO.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I know some don't like PFF, but they are usually pretty spot on. A lot of the NFL teams use their analytics.

I think they pretty much have it right, this line has some potential in the future, but it was still bad this year due to injuries, etc..
    \

A few years ago they ranked Ike Taylor #70. I jiggled the numbers a bit and think I proved Ike was a more valuable player than N. Asomugha?? How the Eagles doing lately??

They do a good job in viewing each play but they are weak in interpreting what they see. Not saying they missed the mark with the OL.

I rank them #2 in research and #5 in analysis. Uhh! There are only a few sites that do that advanced research type thing.

Legend

User Info Menu

But has it worked? Good intentions don't block the pass rushers or open holes in the defensive line. Until we see any of those players drafted excel as far as I'm concerned the problem isn't fixed. You have to look at this on how it is actually working not what past actions you took to fix it.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Keyplay1 View Post
    \

A few years ago they ranked Ike Taylor #70. I jiggled the numbers a bit and think I proved Ike was a more valuable player than N. Asomugha?? How the Eagles doing lately??

They do a good job in viewing each play but they are weak in interpreting what they see. Not saying they missed the mark with the OL.

I rank them #2 in research and #5 in analysis. Uhh! There are only a few sites that do that advanced research type thing.
    Yeah what year was that? Ike had sub par years in 2006 and 2009. They ranked him pretty highly this year along with Keenan Lewis. This was accurate as both has great years.

What's your point? They do a great job charting plays and players. This is invaluable in many regards.
    Here comes the BOOM!