Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is anyone else going to maybe not watch the Superbowl this year?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I heard about this but I also heard the best refs aren't always in the SB (sports radio). Not sure if it's true...

I don't know if it's going to be rigged for Ray Ray but the last SB people talk about being rigged was in 2005. LOL...
    The highest rated refs through the season are SUPPOSED to ref the bowl.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    The highest rated refs through the season are SUPPOSED to ref the bowl.....
    Thats what i thought but there was an NFL release saying that isnt always the case. Not sure if it was made after the ref story went public

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/25/nfl-doesnt-always-put-the-highest-graded-officials-in-the-super-bowl/[/url]

Refs cant work 2 SBs in a row and they have to be in the top 5.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 02-02-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Thats what i thought but there was an NFL release saying that isnt always the case. Not sure if it was made after the ref story went public

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/25/nfl-doesnt-always-put-the-highest-graded-officials-in-the-super-bowl/[/URL]

Refs cant work 2 SBs in a row and they have to be in the top 5.
    Strange? No ref can work two Superbowls in a row evn if they grade out the best?
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm looking forward to the game. I'll be the dork at the SuperBowl party wearing a Mean Joe jersey. And everyone will be like "Steelers suck. You didn't even make the playoffs." And I'll be like, "Steelers rule. Mean Joe could take your dad. And I'm giving a shoutout for the greatest SuperBowl commercial ever." And then I'll mess with someone and tell them I was the kid in the commercial and that's how I got the jersey.

Then again, I prefer not being obnoxious, so I'll probably just wear my Crosby jersey. Or I'll wear a sweater with a Steelers shirt underneath and say I'm hot right before the game starts and take it off to expose the Steelers gear. I may also tuck my Terrible Towel in my belt. Never brought one to a non Steelers game. But this is the douche bowl. I may need protection.

I'm definitely gonna enjoy reminding everyone that Charlie Batch beat the Ravens a few weeks ago. It's a no win situation for the Ravens or 49ers under this circumstance.

In reality, I'm more interested in food, people, and commercials tomorrow. I'll watch the game if competitive, but will lose interest if not.

I will root for embarassment. I hope Ray Ray gets ejected. I hope Flacco has 8 turnovers. I hope Suggs punches Harbaugh on the sideline for staying with Flacco. I will root for a bench clearing brawl. And I will root for Beyonce's clothes to fall off at halftime and for the censors to let it slip.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    And I will root for Beyonce's clothes to fall off at halftime and for the censors to let it slip.
    And I bet you wouldn't be the lone rooter in that senario.