Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could get an immediate impact player...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If you could get an immediate impact player...

...in this draft and all it cost you was the #17th overall pick this year and the teams 2nd rounder next year, would you do that? Would want it?

Yes or no?

Si or no si?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't know, but I'd love it if we could get the players in your mock draft in your sig.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I don't know, but I'd love it if we could get the players in your mock draft in your sig.
    Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. That is exactly what this post is referring too. The Steelers could trade the 17th pick this year and their 2nd round pick next year and move up as high as the 11th overall pick in this years draft. And either Chance Warmack or Eric Fisher will be there. Bank on it. Two QB's will be selected in the top ten who really aren't top ten worthy, but because of the premium on QB's, it will happen. As a result, one of these guys will be there at number 11.

And guess what? They may not really even miss that second round pick all that much. After the free agent exodus this year (Starks, Wallace, Foster, Mendenhall, Hampton, Foote, and maybe even Lewis), the team will end up with 4-6 extra (compensatory picks), next year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    ..and also, by trading this years 3rd round pick, the Steelers could move up from their 2nd round pick as high as the #30 overall pick this year. And that is how they can get another plug and play, immediate return player in Kevin Minter. One draft, and two immediate impact players. And with the amount of compensatory picks coming next year, these two trades wont hurt the future of the Steelers or adding depth.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I think that, if a premier pass rusher is available at 17, the Steelers should take him...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post

And guess what? They may not really even miss that second round pick all that much. After the free agent exodus this year (Starks, Wallace, Foster, Mendenhall, Hampton, Foote, and maybe even Lewis), the team will end up with 4-6 extra (compensatory picks), next year.
    You can only receive a maximum of 4 compensatory selections in a given draft.

And, yes, I'd trade the #1 and #2 for Fisher, Warmack, or Damontre Moore.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Starter

User Info Menu

Not big on trading picks from the top 3 rounds. Or sacrificing future picks of the same magnitude. Especially when we are picking at 17.

The Steelers should be able to get an impact player without giving anything up.

We need picks. By the sound of things, there could be a lot of holes to fill.

Legend

User Info Menu

It really depends on the impact of the player they get. The Steelers traded up to get Polamalu and that was certainly worth it; I don't think that any of us miss that third round pick. I think the Steelers should be able to find a pass rusher or other impact player at 17 and I would prefer to stay put. If there is somebody they really wanted, I would consider moving up, maybe even a few spots, but there should be value at 17.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    You can only receive a maximum of 4 compensatory selections in a given draft.

And, yes, I'd trade the #1 and #2 for Fisher, Warmack, or Damontre Moore.
    I was not aware of that. Thanks steelblood. But still, getting 4 extra picks next year can alleviates the loss of one of two traded picks. And there is a possibly the Steelers get one or two extra picks this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    Not big on trading picks from the top 3 rounds. Or sacrificing future picks of the same magnitude. Especially when we are picking at 17.

The Steelers should be able to get an impact player without giving anything up.

We need picks. By the sound of things, there could be a lot of holes to fill.
    Why not? It could be the back end of round two next year. And with the extra compensatory picks it makes up for some of that loss. Eric Fischer comes in on day one and stars. Makes the O-line very solid. At 17 I really dont see that happening with any player.