Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could get an immediate impact player...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If you could get an immediate impact player...

...in this draft and all it cost you was the #17th overall pick this year and the teams 2nd rounder next year, would you do that? Would want it?

Yes or no?

Si or no si?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't know, but I'd love it if we could get the players in your mock draft in your sig.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I don't know, but I'd love it if we could get the players in your mock draft in your sig.
    Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. That is exactly what this post is referring too. The Steelers could trade the 17th pick this year and their 2nd round pick next year and move up as high as the 11th overall pick in this years draft. And either Chance Warmack or Eric Fisher will be there. Bank on it. Two QB's will be selected in the top ten who really aren't top ten worthy, but because of the premium on QB's, it will happen. As a result, one of these guys will be there at number 11.

And guess what? They may not really even miss that second round pick all that much. After the free agent exodus this year (Starks, Wallace, Foster, Mendenhall, Hampton, Foote, and maybe even Lewis), the team will end up with 4-6 extra (compensatory picks), next year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post

And guess what? They may not really even miss that second round pick all that much. After the free agent exodus this year (Starks, Wallace, Foster, Mendenhall, Hampton, Foote, and maybe even Lewis), the team will end up with 4-6 extra (compensatory picks), next year.
    You can only receive a maximum of 4 compensatory selections in a given draft.

And, yes, I'd trade the #1 and #2 for Fisher, Warmack, or Damontre Moore.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    You can only receive a maximum of 4 compensatory selections in a given draft.

And, yes, I'd trade the #1 and #2 for Fisher, Warmack, or Damontre Moore.
    I was not aware of that. Thanks steelblood. But still, getting 4 extra picks next year can alleviates the loss of one of two traded picks. And there is a possibly the Steelers get one or two extra picks this year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. That is exactly what this post is referring too. The Steelers could trade the 17th pick this year and their 2nd round pick next year and move up as high as the 11th overall pick in this years draft. And either Chance Warmack or Eric Fisher will be there. Bank on it. Two QB's will be selected in the top ten who really aren't top ten worthy, but because of the premium on QB's, it will happen. As a result, one of these guys will be there at number 11.

Your delusional about Fisher if you think he will be there at 11. Fisher is a legit left tackle and will be gone in the first 8 picks. Left Tackle is the next premium position after QB. There are no top ten locks at QB. Fisher can play left tackle day one and will be loong gone.

I'm not trading a 2nd round pick next year for Chance Warmack when he has a good shot at being there in the 15 to 20 range.

A. He's a pure guard and like Decastro, will drop further than people think.

B. This is one of the deepest guard drafts in a long time. You can get an impact guard to start in the 2nd or 3rd rd. Ala Ben Grubbs when he was selected by the Ravens or the guard from the Falcons that went that same year.

C. There will be an impact player available at 17. I have heard scouts and a lot of G.M.'s say this is a good year to be outside of the top 10.
    Last edited by BigRob; 02-01-2013 at 01:56 PM.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I have heard scouts and a lot of G.M.'s say this is a good year to be outside of the top 10.
    From what I've seen so far, this seems to be the case. There don't look to be elite QBs or other guys that seem to be as sure fire in the top 10 compared to many years, but there seems to be a number of guys who are good value at 17.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Your delusional about Fisher if you think he will be there at 11. Fisher is a legit left tackle and will be gone in the first 8 picks. Left Tackle is the next premium position after QB. There are no top ten locks at QB. Fisher can play left tackle day one and will be loong gone.

I'm not trading a 2nd round pick next year for Chance Warmack when he has a good shot at being there in the 15 to 20 range.

A. He's a pure guard and like Decastro, will drop further than people think.

B. This is one of the deepest guard drafts in a long time. You can get an impact guard to start in the 2nd or 3rd rd. Ala Ben Grubbs when he was selected by the Ravens or the guard from the Falcons that went that same year.

C. There will be an impact player available at 17. I have heard scouts and a lot of G.M.'s say this is a good year to be outside of the top 10.
    Nope! Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, and maybe even Mike Glennon are going to bump him. Mark my words. QB is even more of a premium position than LT. Teams will reach on QB's because of the importance of the position. Happens every year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Nope! Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, and maybe even Mike Glennon are going to bump him. Mark my words. QB is even more of a premium position than LT. Teams will reach on QB's because of the importance of the position. Happens every year.
    Nah.. I would be very surprised if all 3 bumped him down to 11.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Not when the QB's are these guys. 2 Qb's might go in the top ten if they are lucky. This year is more like 2005 then 2012.

Here is the draft order:

1. Kansas City (2-14)
    2. Jacksonville (2-14)
    3. Oakland (4-12)
    4. Philadelphia (4-12)
    5. Detroit (4-12)
    6. Cleveland (5-11)
    7. Arizona (5-11)
    8. Buffalo (6-10)
    9. New York Jets (6-10)
    10. Tennessee (6-10)
    11. San Diego (7-9)

You can make a case that every team in the top 11 needs a LT desperately except for the Jets, Cleveland, and Buffalo. That leaves eight teams he could go to in the top 10.

KC, AZ, and NYJ are the teams that need a QB like yesterday. AZ isn't picking one because the Bidwells still want Kolb to work out.

Likely landing spots for Fisher could be: Oakland, Jacksonville, Philadelphia, Detroit, Arizona, Tennessee, and San Diego.

San Diego in particular has an atrocious LT situation. You think they are just going to give-up Fisher for a 2nd round pick? Puh lease. You are California Dreamin and don't even know it.
    Here comes the BOOM!