Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could get an immediate impact player...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Two more so called experts having Fisher go at pick number 11. And both having Geno Smith and Matt Barkley going ahead of Fisher. Hmmmmm?

[url]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock[/url]
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Two more so called experts having Fisher go at pick number 11. And both having Geno Smith and Matt Barkley going ahead of Fisher. Hmmmmm?

[URL]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock[/URL]
    Geesh dude, your insane....and wrong if you don't think Fisher is going top ten. True Left Tackles are almost as rare as QB's and there are two of them this year. Fisher and Joeckle.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Geesh dude, your insane....and wrong if you don't think Fisher is going top ten.
    He probably will, but you never know...I hope the Steelers are prepared to make a move just in case.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Geesh dude, your insane....and wrong if you don't think Fisher is going top ten. True Left Tackles are almost as rare as QB's and there are two of them this year. Fisher and Joeckle.
    Please read what you just said. Focus on the key words..."almost as rare as QB's". Mark it down. Two QB's who aren't ranked in the top 10 right now are going to picked before Fischer. Thus moving him down to a reachable position.

And just a week and a half a go you were saying, as most are (including myself) , that Lance Johnson is a true LT. This is going to have some willing to move back.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Please read what you just said. Focus on the key words..."almost as rare as QB's". Mark it down. Two QB's who aren't ranked in the top 10 right now are going to picked before Fischer. Thus moving him down to a reachable position.

And just a week and a half a go you were saying, as most are (including myself) , that Lance Johnson is a true LT. This is going to have some willing to move back.
    Willing to move back to draft a guy who has played Left Tackle all of three years after moving from the QB position in Junior College? If they want a left tackle and Fisher is available, they will take him over Johnson every time.

Johnson has a lot of potential, but he is not ready to step in and play LT like Fisher day one.

I'll bump this thread when your wrong about two QB's being picked before Fisher. This is a weak QB class and teams know it.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

"This is a weak QB class and teams know it." Because of this, it could make some teams think about taking one or both of those QB's way ahead of where they should go. Examples- Ponder to Minn. 2 yrs ago, and the dude Miami took last year--- told ya'll I am terrible with names...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    "This is a weak QB class and teams know it." Because of this, it could make some teams think about taking one or both of those QB's way ahead of where they should go. Examples- Ponder to Minn. 2 yrs ago, and the dude Miami took last year--- told ya'll I am terrible with names...
    Yep!! This is exactly why Geno Smith and Matt Barkley (and maybe even Mike Glennon), will get snatched up in the first 10 picks.

Legend

User Info Menu

I heard the QB from Syracuse in a few mocks... i dont believe he is worthy but you never know.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As was said, you can't blow another high pick at O-line. We are married to Mike Adams and Gilbert, like it or not (and I don't). We need playmakers on D... that's the #1 goal.

I keep hearing this name, Warmack Warmack Warmack. It's funny that Steeler fans are really considering this guy, when we already spent picks on Pouncey and DeCastro in the interior line. Now... unless Warmack can also play Tackle at a high level--I just don't get why this guy's name is getting thrown around here so much!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    As was said, you can't blow another high pick at O-line. We are married to Mike Adams and Gilbert, like it or not (and I don't). We need playmakers on D... that's the #1 goal.

I keep hearing this name, Warmack Warmack Warmack. It's funny that Steeler fans are really considering this guy, when we already spent picks on Pouncey and DeCastro in the interior line. Now... unless Warmack can also play Tackle at a high level--I just don't get why this guy's name is getting thrown around here so much!
    You hear the name because our OL is responsible for protecting the most valuable asset on the team and it isn't good enough to do that yet. Offense is more important than defense in the NFL now.

Why would you want to use a #1 pick on a supposed "defensive playmaker" who will stand on the sideline and watch for one to two seasons? Draft Warmack and he is in the starting lineup Game #1!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"