Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 71

Thread: If you could get an immediate impact player...

  1. #61
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    "This is a weak QB class and teams know it." Because of this, it could make some teams think about taking one or both of those QB's way ahead of where they should go. Examples- Ponder to Minn. 2 yrs ago, and the dude Miami took last year--- told ya'll I am terrible with names...
    Hmmm.....I would remind you that Ponder didn't go top 10.

    I also would like to ask you why you think two QB's going in the top ten would prevent two Franchise Left Tackles from going in the top ten? We've already looked at these teams and there is only one team that would benefit from not taking a Left Tackle. That is Cleveland because they have Schwartz and Thomas.

    Every other team needs a left tackle still or another great tackle. Teams will not let someone this good slip through the top ten. They will also entertain a trade up into the top ten.

    Your not getting Fisher at pick 11.
    Here comes the BOOM!

  2. #62
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Blocking schemes....

    If the new OL coach wants to use more athletic linemen, they may decide that a road grader like Womack wouldn't fit... s

    It's not rocket surgery...
    And you know what scheme the new OL coach wants and whether Warmack is athletic enough or not? Every game I've seen him play he has demonstrated outstanding athleticism in getting to the second level and blowing up LBs. Just ask Manti T'eo!

    Warmack is not Willie Colon, Ramon Foster or Kemo. He appears to be much more athletic for a man his size.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  3. #63
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Blocking schemes....

    If the new OL coach wants to use more athletic linemen, they may decide that a road grader like Womack wouldn't fit... s

    It's not rocket surgery...
    Have you watched Warmack? He gets to the second level of a defense unlike any other guard in College right now and a fair amount of the pros. He might be big, but he is very mobile along with his power.

    Size doesn't always diminish athleticism. He's not Foster and Colon by any stretch. He might just be Larry Allen part deaux.
    Here comes the BOOM!

  4. #64
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    And you know what scheme the new OL coach wants and whether Warmack is athletic enough or not? Every game I've seen him play he has demonstrated outstanding athleticism in getting to the second level and blowing up LBs. Just ask Manti T'eo!

    Warmack is not Willie Colon, Ramon Foster or Kemo. He appears to be much more athletic for a man his size.
    Heh heh, just saw your reply Ovi, sorry for repeating.
    Here comes the BOOM!

  5. #65
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,476
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Have you watched Warmack? He gets to the second level of a defense unlike any other guard in College right now and a fair amount of the pros. He might be big, but he is very mobile along with his power.

    Size doesn't always diminish athleticism. He's not Foster and Colon by any stretch. He might just be Larry Allen part deaux.
    $$$$ Why would anyone want to pass on "the next Larry Allen" for a player to stand on the sidelines and watch for at least a year.

    The reality is that Warmack is probably better than DeCastro. That would be a great problem to have going forward.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  6. #66
    You are confusing what you believe to be my personal opinion to what I believe to be the coaches' evaluation...

  7. #67
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    You are confusing what you believe to be my personal opinion to what I believe to be the coaches' evaluation...


    Our personal opinions don't matter much, but when professionals see what our issues are in the offense it has some credence.
    As for the coaches, they are not always right in their evaluation and neither is Colbert.

    We seen this offense struggle for too long now, and it needs fixed or you can forget about us competing for a championship. Any offense is only as strong as the 5 players up front, when that's fixed all else will fall into place.
    With Warmack, Beachum could be a good back-up along with legs a a swing man that way we have a little depth especially if we lose Starks,Colon, and Foster.



    The thread was about an immediate impact player not a specific position, Warmack is the best guard in the draft the last two years and might be better than DeCastro so if you want immediate... Warmack fits the bill.


    Btw, If you want an example of what a good O-line can accomplish see Johnathan Ogden and company when they protected Trent Dilfer in winning a Super Bowl. If the Steelers give Ben a quality line it would make a world of difference. That line not only protected an average QB it paved the waY FOR Jammal Lewis to run wild on opposing defenses.
    Last edited by supersteeler; 02-04-2013 at 02:06 PM.

  8. #68
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    You are confusing what you believe to be my personal opinion to what I believe to be the coaches' evaluation...
    What coaches evaluation? Are you saying you know the Steelers FO evaluation of Warmack already? Wow.
    Here comes the BOOM!

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    What coaches evaluation? Are you saying you know the Steelers FO evaluation of Warmack already? Wow.
    Good Lord...some of my fellow posters need to stop putting words in my mouth...

    I simply said this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    If Womack doesn't fit the new scheme, it's a wasted pick...
    The point is, NONE of us know what the coaches' evaluation is...

  10. #70
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    You are confusing what you believe to be my personal opinion to what I believe to be the coaches' evaluation...
    No confusion, I understand you have no factual information to back up what you believe the coaches are evaluating. It's laughable.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •