Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 71

Thread: If you could get an immediate impact player...

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I personally like this better..

    LT: Fischer (1st rounder)
    LG: Beachum (7th rounder)
    C: Pouncey (1st rounder)
    RG: DeCastro (1st rounder)
    RT: Adams (2nd rounder) and Gilbert (2nd rounder), battle it out in camp.
    I don't like any starting lineup that includes Beachum. I would rather see the Steelers address the offensive line in the middle rounds this year. If they are going to go into a season with Beachum/Legursky as the best options at OG, something has gone terribly wrong. A mid round guard (if Foster/Colon don't return) and a mid round OT as depth behind Gilbert/Adams suits my preferences more.

  2. #22
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. That is exactly what this post is referring too. The Steelers could trade the 17th pick this year and their 2nd round pick next year and move up as high as the 11th overall pick in this years draft. And either Chance Warmack or Eric Fisher will be there. Bank on it. Two QB's will be selected in the top ten who really aren't top ten worthy, but because of the premium on QB's, it will happen. As a result, one of these guys will be there at number 11.

    And guess what? They may not really even miss that second round pick all that much. After the free agent exodus this year (Starks, Wallace, Foster, Mendenhall, Hampton, Foote, and maybe even Lewis), the team will end up with 4-6 extra (compensatory picks), next year.
    Your delusional about Fisher if you think he will be there at 11. Fisher is a legit left tackle and will be gone in the first 8 picks. Left Tackle is the next premium position after QB. There are no top ten locks at QB. Fisher can play left tackle day one and will be loong gone.


    I'm not trading a 2nd round pick next year for Chance Warmack when he has a good shot at being there in the 15 to 20 range.

    A. He's a pure guard and like Decastro, will drop further than people think.

    B. This is one of the deepest guard drafts in a long time. You can get an impact guard to start in the 2nd or 3rd rd. Ala Ben Grubbs when he was selected by the Ravens or the guard from the Falcons that went that same year.

    C. There will be an impact player available at 17. I have heard scouts and a lot of G.M.'s say this is a good year to be outside of the top 10.
    Last edited by BigRob; 02-01-2013 at 12:56 PM.
    Here comes the BOOM!

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I have heard scouts and a lot of G.M.'s say this is a good year to be outside of the top 10.
    From what I've seen so far, this seems to be the case. There don't look to be elite QBs or other guys that seem to be as sure fire in the top 10 compared to many years, but there seems to be a number of guys who are good value at 17.

  4. #24
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Your delusional about Fisher if you think he will be there at 11. Fisher is a legit left tackle and will be gone in the first 8 picks. Left Tackle is the next premium position after QB. There are no top ten locks at QB. Fisher can play left tackle day one and will be loong gone.


    I'm not trading a 2nd round pick next year for Chance Warmack when he has a good shot at being there in the 15 to 20 range.

    A. He's a pure guard and like Decastro, will drop further than people think.

    B. This is one of the deepest guard drafts in a long time. You can get an impact guard to start in the 2nd or 3rd rd. Ala Ben Grubbs when he was selected by the Ravens or the guard from the Falcons that went that same year.

    C. There will be an impact player available at 17. I have heard scouts and a lot of G.M.'s say this is a good year to be outside of the top 10.
    Nope! Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, and maybe even Mike Glennon are going to bump him. Mark my words. QB is even more of a premium position than LT. Teams will reach on QB's because of the importance of the position. Happens every year.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  5. #25
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I don't like any starting lineup that includes Beachum. I would rather see the Steelers address the offensive line in the middle rounds this year. If they are going to go into a season with Beachum/Legursky as the best options at OG, something has gone terribly wrong. A mid round guard (if Foster/Colon don't return) and a mid round OT as depth behind Gilbert/Adams suits my preferences more.
    Well the Steelers feel differently. They believe Beachum he can play the position and I trust them. And if he has Fischer to his left and Pouncey to his right he has half a chance.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  6. #26
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I thought this was an "If you could..." thread and not necessarily based on reality.
    But the Steelers can't trade up that far (top 3), without having to give up half their draft picks. Trading a second rounder next year that could be the 60-64th pick in the draft is very realistic. The #64 pick is worth 270 points. The #17 pick is worth 950. That is 1220. Right there at the 11th overall pick in this draft. And realistically we should be able to get more value than the 64th overall pick next year since this team is coming off an 8-8 season. Quite possibly could be able to move up as high as pick 8.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Well the Steelers feel differently. They believe Beachum he can play the position and I trust them. And if he has Fischer to his left and Pouncey to his right he has half a chance.
    I think they also feel differently about Gilbert/Adams than most on this board. I think they'll give the two second round picks a chance to start.

  8. #28
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I think they also feel differently about Gilbert/Adams than most on this board. I think they'll give the two second round picks a chance to start.
    I think you are probably right but neither of them will ever be in the class that Fisher is. And the Steelers brass know this...and they may be thinking differently after what they saw in Mobile, Al. And you gotta believe that the thought of whether or not Marcus Gilbert can ever be healthy has to be running through their mind.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  9. #29
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,850
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I think they also feel differently about Gilbert/Adams than most on this board. I think they'll give the two second round picks a chance to start.
    Adams yes... but I wonder if those rumors about Gilbert disappearing were true... something about that dude doesn't sit well with me. I don't think he will ever reach his potential and I don't think he really wants to be out there for 60 minutes every week.

  10. #30
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Nope! Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, and maybe even Mike Glennon are going to bump him. Mark my words. QB is even more of a premium position than LT. Teams will reach on QB's because of the importance of the position. Happens every year.
    Nah.. I would be very surprised if all 3 bumped him down to 11.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •