2011 -22
    2010 -26
    2009 -27
    2008 -18
    2007 -16
    2006 -11
    2005 -5
    2004 -26
    this was with the redskins (18th rank average)
    ------------------------------------------

2003 -24
    2002- 20
    2001 -28
    this was with the bills (24th rank average)

not sure where this poster got his info but it doesnt look like an impressive resume.
    You are showing the results from two of the NFL's least talented teams during the period cited. Who did this guy have to work with? Those rankings may represent a miracle achievement given the repective team's talent level.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    [url]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3395593-74/special-teams-coach#axzz2JXHNPsSk[/url]

Smith, a Pittsburgh native,
    That's all I needed to hear. If you are from the Pgh area, you get hired because we all know that people from Pgh are magical and better than everyone else. They overrate this factor by 10 fold. It's insane. "Oh, well he is one of us!" What BS.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    That's all I needed to hear. If you are from the Pgh area, you get hired because we all know that people from Pgh are magical and better than everyone else. They overrate this factor by 10 fold. It's insane. "Oh, well he is one of us!" What BS.
    So instead of "overrating" I guess we should automatically "discount" as a parochial mistake anyone hired who is from Pittsburgh. I guess that is sound logic in the "Universe of The Glass is Half Empty."

Guy has been in the league for some time and kept through staff and head coach changes. I'll choose to believe he is doing something right until I see evidence to the contrary.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Hal Hunter is from the burgh...as is Joe D'Allesandris...

Jack Bicknell is not...

Which OL Coach was hired?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    So instead of "overrating" I guess we should automatically "discount" as a parochial mistake anyone hired who is from Pittsburgh. I guess that is sound logic in the "Universe of The Glass is Half Empty."

Guy has been in the league for some time and kept through staff and head coach changes. I'll choose to believe he is doing something right until I see evidence to the contrary.
    If you haven't noticed the trend of overrating anyone from the Pgh area, well, I can't help you. They put way too much emphasis over getting players and coaches from the local area and that's a small-minded, unworldly way to operate. Does that mean this hire is bad? Nope. Does that change the truth about their trend on over-valuing hiring people from the area? Nope. Even in the draft, they reach for players who come from the region, as if coming from Pgh makes you some how better.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Hal Hunter is from the burgh...as is Joe D'Allesandris...

Jack Bicknell is not...

Which OL Coach was hired?
    Never said it was the end all qualification; just said they overrate being from the area. How many reaches in the draft came from them drafting someone from PA, or signing FA from the area?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Even in the draft, they reach for players who come from the region, as if coming from Pgh makes you some how better.
    Who?

Because they spent a 7th round pick on Toney Clemons? He was projected to go in the 7th...how is that a reach?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Who?

Because they spent a 7th round pick on Toney Clemons? He was projected to go in the 7th...how is that a reach?
    Charlie Batch, from Pgh. Shipley. From Pgh. QB Gonzalez. From Pgh. Mike Adams. From PA. Tony Clemmons. From Pgh. Cameron Heyward. From Pgh. Ryan Mundy. From Pgh. Should I keep going?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Charlie Batch, from Pgh. Shipley. From Pgh. QB Gonzalez. From Pgh. Mike Adams. From PA. Tony Clemmons. From Pgh. Cameron Heyward. From Pgh. Ryan Mundy. From Pgh. Should I keep going?
    So, you're going to name 7 people out of all the people the Steelers drafted and signed over 15 years and act as thought it makes your point?

Gonzalez played at Pitt, but is from Miami...

What about Ben? Troy? Casey? Heath? Pouncey? Wallace? Sanders? Brown? Ike? Keisel?

How about free agents? Cotchery? Mewelde Moore? Ryan Clark? James Farrior?

Legend

User Info Menu

Charlie Batch - beat the SB champions this year
    Shipley - seventh round pick who logged significant time with the Colts
    QB Gonzalez - UDFA on the roster for two years
    Mike Adams - running game was much more effective when he was in the lineup.
    Tony Clemmons - seventh round pick, signed from PS
    Cameron Heyward - jury is still out but showed promise
    Ryan Mundy - seventh round pick who managed to spend a few years on the roster
    So, basically, your list proves absolutely nothing.