Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How much better are the Ravens than Pgh?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I don't disagree which is why I said the Ravens are better.
    But you said the WRs were "even." That's what I was referring to, is all.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    That wasn't the point; the point was to what degree is Balt. better. And that is relevant in determining how far we have to climb in order to beat them. MORE said.
    The ravens are clearly better in one category. Run game, both because of the RBs and oline.

That is what separates them from us.

Given a Raven caliber run game the Ravens could not play with us, and we would dominate this league.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    they also have a superior HC
    How is it then that CHARLIE BATCH beat the Ravens?

Given how superior their oline and run game are they should crush us every time.

We can compete with them using aging backup QBs. THAT does not seem like better coaching to me.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Flacco has a QB rating of 114 in the post season and threw 8 TDs and zero pics. He is smokin'.

Ben has not been clutch since he lost the SB to GB. He wasn't clutch then and he hasn't been clutch since.
    Yeah.. I knew Flacco would be a problem the first time we played him. I think we have him figured out but the teams who arent in our division... he's abusing them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post

Given how superior their oline and run game are they should crush us every time.

We can compete with them using aging backup QBs. THAT does not seem like better coaching to me.
    Every so often we lose to Cleveland or Cinci... doesnt mean they are better that year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post

Every so often we lose to Cleveland or Cinci... doesnt mean they are better that year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ravens are clearly better.

Rice
    Boldin
    Smith

nuff said.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No way are we even with their WRs, unless you pretend this is 2011 season instead of the 2012. Our WRs constantly sucked this year. Boldin and Smith eat our two best WRs for lunch. Wallace, of 2012, superior to those guys? Not even close. And don't be too quick to cast our TEs better than theirs. Pitta is a rising star and Dickson is better than our #2 TE.

And the level of superiority at RB can't be overlooked; not only are they better there, it's my a light year. Rice is one of the very best backs in the league and Pierce is better than ANY of our backs, period, and he is 2nd string.
    This. !!!

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers matched up well vs. the Ravens this season...hey, the Rams matched up well with the 49ers, too.
    Does anyone here think the Rams were nearly as good a team as the Niners this year?

Maybe next year the Steelers will be better than the Ravens. I sure hope so. But this season, if you go by their records, and where they ended up? Not that close.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Yeah.. I knew Flacco would be a problem the first time we played him. I think we have him figured out but the teams who arent in our division... he's abusing them.
    Wow. Great insights. Seriously.