Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How much better are the Ravens than Pgh?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's also interesting to see who the Steelers got to replace BA. They went from a more seasoned father figure style guy to a younger guy with a confrontational history. Was there a little bit of trying to make Ben fall in line? IDK.

I do find it funny that so many here wanted no part of Caldwell and now he's being credited for helping Baltimore get over the top.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wonder how much of the Haley hiring was Tomlin and how much was front office/Rooney influence? I still like the hire and there's NO reason Ben and Coach haley couldn't work together to make the offense powerful, unless Ben just doesn't want to do it. Haley was nothing but professional all year and that was with an offense of RB's acting as if the ball was greased, lineman going down as if it was a war zone, and WR's having their worst seasons in years.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I wonder how much of the Haley hiring was Tomlin and how much was front office/Rooney influence? I still like the hire and there's NO reason Ben and Coach haley couldn't work together to make the offense powerful, unless Ben just doesn't want to do it. Haley was nothing but professional all year and that was with an offense of RB's acting as if the ball was greased, lineman going down as if it was a war zone, and WR's having their worst seasons in years.
    I agree with this. Despite what some posters here would have you believe, Ben is also being very professional about it. As has been pointed out, he was having a great year prior to the KC game. He seemed to get back into the flow against Cleveland. Yeah, it was too little, too late. Yeah, it was Cleveland. But still...

I'm already looking forward to next year. A lot of people will be sleeping on the Steelers and I think the team will have something to prove. For some reason, they seem to play better that way. The big thing is to get healthy and minimize the losses due to the salary cap.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

25% better