Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep your eye on RB Andre Ellington

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Keep your eye on RB Andre Ellington

from Clemson. This kid is a Jamaal Charles clone. We all know how Haley loved utilizing Charles in his scheme. Watch for him in the second round.

Legend

User Info Menu

Don't know anything about him. Got any details?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Played behind C.J. Spiller as a frosh. Split time with Jamie Harper as a soph. Is an electric player with great burst and speed. Not a tckle breaker bt has very good speed and vision. Think LaMichael James.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Played behind C.J. Spiller as a frosh. Split time with Jamie Harper as a soph. Is an electric player with great burst and speed. Not a tckle breaker bt has very good speed and vision. Think LaMichael James.
    Interesting. A guy like that could really add a nice dimension to the Steelers offense.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You would take him over Lacy? I wouldn't. Half of these smallish speed guys never cut it. You just don't know until they are in the league. The best ever smallish back was James Brooks - 180 lbs but was still an every down back that could run through traffic (something Rainy could not do) and take it to the house. He played for SD and Cinci. I recall him blowing the doors off Rod Woodson, of all people.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I am definitely wary of the scat-back type. The kid from Florida - Gillislee - is about as small as I would like to see the Steelers draft.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    I am definitely wary of the scat-back type. The kid from Florida - Gillislee - is about as small as I would like to see the Steelers draft.
    He doesn't burst of the screen or anything. I think at the NFL level he won't be that good. But this dude....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    Gillislee does everything you can ask for him & he can help in pass blocking. He'd be the 3rd down RB right away, and quite possibly take a few carries off Dwyer/Redman. He's a perfect pickup.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I have Le'Veon Bell on my mock, we probably could get him in the 4th, he's a tough runner and probably could start for us.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdqefoG02kM[/url]