Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers hire Jack Bicknell Jr. as O-line coach per Labriola

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr.me View Post
    does anyone know if he runs the zone blocking scheme???i think this would really help r o-line
    Zeirlein ran a zone blocking system. Our OLinemen are not good zone blockers. They are big mashing squishers. And we have power running RB's.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Zeirlein ran a zone blocking system. Our OLinemen are not good zone blockers. They are big mashing squishers. And we have power running RB's.
    Adams, Gilbert, Pouncey, Decastro, and Beachum can run the zone. Foster, Colon, Starks, and the plodders cannot.

I forget which writer mentioned it, but said that Haley would have more input into the o-line this year and would be involved in the o-line coach hire. Tomlin liked the running game Haley had in KC. They ran a zone type scheme.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

on paper it looks like a good hire by rooney

Rookie

User Info Menu

would love to be able to zone block,Houston-Denver-Washington all use zone,and all good running teams,just seems ez to me,everybody goes one way and rb picks the hole,i think we get a runningback with some vision in this draft!!!!just my 2c.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    [URL]https://twitter.com/BobLabriola[/URL]

I think this is a good hire. He coached the Chiefs line last year and is familiar with the type of o-line Haley likes.
    However, Haley and Bicknell have never coached together. Haley was fired by K.C. in 2011. Bicknell was hired by K.C. in 2012. In Bicknell's only season with the Chiefs, Haley was already in Pittsburgh.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

He a Zone blocker Guru hopefuly the steelers OL fits and that would mean Gilbert needs to lose weight.If the lose Starks i believe they will need a Tackle via the draft.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    However, Haley and Bicknell have never coached together. Haley was fired by K.C. in 2011. Bicknell was hired by K.C. in 2012. In Bicknell's only season with the Chiefs, Haley was already in Pittsburgh.
    Yeah, I understood that, but he coaches a lot of the guys that were there when Haley was coach. So he's familiar with the type of o-linemen that Haley likes to play.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

If they find cap space.... could this put Brandon Albert on the FA map?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr.me View Post
    would love to be able to zone block,Houston-Denver-Washington all use zone,and all good running teams,just seems ez to me,everybody goes one way and rb picks the hole,i think we get a runningback with some vision in this draft!!!!just my 2c.
    Would be interesting to get Lacy and run him behind a solid line in a zone blocking scheme.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I'm not so sure. We instituted the zone blocking scheme after Grimm went to Pittsburgh West and I don't think our O-line has recovered. Although I must admit most of that was due to lack of talent. Whatever system we run I just hope our linemen can play together for the entire season. I'm tired of seeing us have a new starting lineup every couple of games.
    Most teams at all levels of competition usually use both zone blocking and man.. The Steelers are no different. They use both.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion