Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Clark To Be Cut?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ryan Clark To Be Cut?

Just saw this on my FB page.. wtf.....

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/dverocks?ref=stream"]102.5 WDVE[/URL] via [URL="https://www.facebook.com/Randy.Baumann.DVE"]Randy Baumann[/URL]

"WOW! Ryan Clark could be released?"

Could be a cap casualty.. Siting that injuries could have something to do with it- What do you all think of this?
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Administrator

User Info Menu

I think it's a terrible move.

He's one of our most valuable and underrated players and there is little-to-no depth behind him. Even if the team thinks Robert Golden is a potential starter, where is our depth?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Cut Troy first....

Legend

User Info Menu

If this happens it has to be heavily influenced by his recent health issues and IMO is an indication that they intend to clean house. If we are going to clean house on defense this is the year to do it.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I saw that last night as well and was shocked. I think you may be right Ovi, they may be cleaning out more guys than any of us thought. My only question is who the hell is going to play FS next year? Will Allen?
    Ryan seemed like he was a great leader, something the Steelers sorely need.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yea, some of the article mentioned that then they would re-sign Will Allen. We'll see what happens.... Some of this story centered around his twitter account and him closing it out, but apparently, he closed it out for other reasons.

Supposedly he was in the hospital following the Cleve. game- and turned down an invite to the ProBowl because of injury.....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I think it's a terrible move.

He's one of our most valuable and underrated players and there is little-to-no depth behind him. Even if the team thinks Robert Golden is a potential starter, where is our depth?
    Agree. This is an awful move and his salary is pretty reasonable.

There was an article on BTSC suggesting that a release might be forthcoming because Clark recently deactivated his twitter account.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[url]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-7mT2dqsB6hElFDz52uhUKUalkcEhSXenMLY3wSK0wqz4CQb2cr VYgINshQ[/url]

Looks like anyone over 30 on the steelers team should worry....except for Ben.
    Last edited by supersteeler; 01-29-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My gut tells me it is "health" related and he has been advised to hang them up. Steelers doctor's agree. Clark might disagree for awhile...But hopefully he comes to his senses & retires a Steeler. He was very productive in 2012...Better than Troy. I think given the situation with the cap...It makes it easier for the Steelers to force the issue. Just my gut....

Just hope the Steelers don't see Allen as the stop gap. Wait until after the draft for the second wave of FA. Worst case...Then bring Allen back.

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope these "reporters" have more than a closed twitter account to go on.

I don't buy it.