Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Clark To Be Cut?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    That's a fair observation. That said, Coach Mitchell also said we should be watching out for McLendon this year & making judgements on him based on his play in 2012. Well, the judgement on his play in 2012 certainly isn't that he's a sure-fire replacement! He was ok... there were flashes, but in Chadman's opinion- he's more confident in the success of say, Mike Adams, than McLendon, based on 2012.
    No argument here...I've always liked Mike Adams and thought he was treated unfairly by people blowing things out of proportion...kind of like Woodley this past year...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Chadman suspects the 'impact' McLendon has on the field is getting blown out of proportion. There was very little evidence out of McLendon that he could 'be very good'. He looks like he can serve a role, but 2 sacks & what was it? 4 QB pressures?
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Casey Hampton had 9 sacks over 12 seasons Chadman.

McClendon having 2 sacks in limited action last season is VERY impressive.
    And that's just it...how many snaps did he play?

I think I read on BTSC that it averaged out to less than 8 snaps a game...from a production to playing time ratio, that's pretty damn good...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Casey Hampton had 9 sacks over 12 seasons Chadman.

McClendon having 2 sacks in limited action last season is VERY impressive.
    Ok- but Hampton was never talked about as a pass rusher. This is supposed to be McLendon's forte. Hope Chadman is wrong, but not confident in how effective McLendon will be.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Administrator

User Info Menu

Woodley's obese size is grossly overstated.
    He does need to get in better shape though. Let me restate that... I don't think Woodley is in bad physical condition. I think he needs to alter his workout. Maybe he needs to do more resistance training and work on his quickness and change of direction more. Cut back on the heavy weights a bit.

His problem has always been his hamstring pulls. I think a different workout routine would do wonders for that. I would think Woodley should shed 10-15 lbs as well. 10 pounds is nothing with his frame.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

But can the Steelers afford to draft a NT when they need help at RB, WR, CB or even Safety? Not to mention LB..
    Nope, they have to consider those positins first,

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

But can the Steelers afford to draft a NT when they need help at RB, WR, CB or even Safety? Not to mention LB..
    Nope, they have to consider those positions first. See my mock picks below.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    He does need to get in better shape though. Let me restate that... I don't think Woodley is in bad physical condition. I think he needs to alter his workout. Maybe he needs to do more resistance training and work on his quickness and change of direction more. Cut back on the heavy weights a bit.

His problem has always been his hamstring pulls. I think a different workout routine would do wonders for that. I would think Woodley should shed 10-15 lbs as well. 10 pounds is nothing with his frame.
    That makes much more sense than hearing some posters ramble on about him being out of shape.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Nope, they have to consider those positions first. See my mock picks below.
    The cycle continues though- can they place the importance of those positions over the NT?

Steelers are in a tough spot- there are more 'future needs' coming at them than they have available solutions to deal with them in the short term.

The key to the solution is what the Steelers plan to do schematically to counter roster weaknesses...

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Dale Lolley thinks Clark stays:

[URL="http://www.blogger.com/profile/13089003781188560287"]Dale Lolley[/URL] said... Jackie Battle was in San Diego last season, so other than playing against him twice, the new line coach doesn't really know him. Haley would have info on him though.

The Clark report is a S T R E T C H to say the least. He's being cut so, so he's off Twitter? Silly. He's off Twitter because he's tired of defending himself every time he tweets something people don't like. Clark will not be cut.
    [URL="http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2013/01/tomlin-hires-offensive-line-coach.html?showComment=1359589248542#c214494057680 9118502"]6:40 PM [/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    No argument here...I've always liked Mike Adams and thought he was treated unfairly by people blowing things out of proportion...kind of like Woodley this past year...
    No one has blown anything out of proportion about Woodley. He has had two consecutive seasons of decreased output after he got his big contract. That is just facts.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"