Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 62

Thread: Ryan Clark To Be Cut?

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    That's a fair observation. That said, Coach Mitchell also said we should be watching out for McLendon this year & making judgements on him based on his play in 2012. Well, the judgement on his play in 2012 certainly isn't that he's a sure-fire replacement! He was ok... there were flashes, but in Chadman's opinion- he's more confident in the success of say, Mike Adams, than McLendon, based on 2012.
    No argument here...I've always liked Mike Adams and thought he was treated unfairly by people blowing things out of proportion...kind of like Woodley this past year...

  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Chadman suspects the 'impact' McLendon has on the field is getting blown out of proportion. There was very little evidence out of McLendon that he could 'be very good'. He looks like he can serve a role, but 2 sacks & what was it? 4 QB pressures?
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Casey Hampton had 9 sacks over 12 seasons Chadman.

    McClendon having 2 sacks in limited action last season is VERY impressive.
    And that's just it...how many snaps did he play?

    I think I read on BTSC that it averaged out to less than 8 snaps a game...from a production to playing time ratio, that's pretty damn good...

  3. #53
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Casey Hampton had 9 sacks over 12 seasons Chadman.

    McClendon having 2 sacks in limited action last season is VERY impressive.
    Ok- but Hampton was never talked about as a pass rusher. This is supposed to be McLendon's forte. Hope Chadman is wrong, but not confident in how effective McLendon will be.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  4. #54
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Woodley's obese size is grossly overstated.
    He does need to get in better shape though. Let me restate that... I don't think Woodley is in bad physical condition. I think he needs to alter his workout. Maybe he needs to do more resistance training and work on his quickness and change of direction more. Cut back on the heavy weights a bit.

    His problem has always been his hamstring pulls. I think a different workout routine would do wonders for that. I would think Woodley should shed 10-15 lbs as well. 10 pounds is nothing with his frame.

  5. #55
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    But can the Steelers afford to draft a NT when they need help at RB, WR, CB or even Safety? Not to mention LB..
    Nope, they have to consider those positins first,

  6. #56
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    But can the Steelers afford to draft a NT when they need help at RB, WR, CB or even Safety? Not to mention LB..
    Nope, they have to consider those positions first. See my mock picks below.

  7. #57
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    He does need to get in better shape though. Let me restate that... I don't think Woodley is in bad physical condition. I think he needs to alter his workout. Maybe he needs to do more resistance training and work on his quickness and change of direction more. Cut back on the heavy weights a bit.

    His problem has always been his hamstring pulls. I think a different workout routine would do wonders for that. I would think Woodley should shed 10-15 lbs as well. 10 pounds is nothing with his frame.
    That makes much more sense than hearing some posters ramble on about him being out of shape.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  8. #58
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Nope, they have to consider those positions first. See my mock picks below.
    The cycle continues though- can they place the importance of those positions over the NT?

    Steelers are in a tough spot- there are more 'future needs' coming at them than they have available solutions to deal with them in the short term.

    The key to the solution is what the Steelers plan to do schematically to counter roster weaknesses...
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  9. #59
    Dale Lolley thinks Clark stays:

    Dale Lolley said... Jackie Battle was in San Diego last season, so other than playing against him twice, the new line coach doesn't really know him. Haley would have info on him though.

    The Clark report is a S T R E T C H to say the least. He's being cut so, so he's off Twitter? Silly. He's off Twitter because he's tired of defending himself every time he tweets something people don't like. Clark will not be cut.
    6:40 PM

  10. #60
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    No argument here...I've always liked Mike Adams and thought he was treated unfairly by people blowing things out of proportion...kind of like Woodley this past year...
    No one has blown anything out of proportion about Woodley. He has had two consecutive seasons of decreased output after he got his big contract. That is just facts.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •