Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 62

Thread: Ryan Clark To Be Cut?

  1. #31
    how about a trade back to around 25 or so and getting matt elam then taking a chance on rambo in the 3rd. Use your 2nd on a WR like justin hunter or whoever they like in that area.

    I dont know the trade value chart but moving back 7-8 spots in the 1st might land us an extra 3rd.

  2. #32
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,599
    maybe clark could fall back on his raya ray ballwashing skills to make a living

  3. #33
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    how about a trade back to around 25 or so and getting matt elam then taking a chance on rambo in the 3rd. Use your 2nd on a WR like justin hunter or whoever they like in that area.

    I dont know the trade value chart but moving back 7-8 spots in the 1st might land us an extra 3rd.
    I'm actually not a big Elam fan. I would put Swearinger, Cyprien, Vacarro, and Philip Thomas above him.

    Elam is a pure SS. He is limited in coverage and was exposed against Louisville of all teams.
    Here comes the BOOM!

  4. #34
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,940
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Just because you don't think they have a plan, doesn't mean THEY don't have a plan. I think everyone knew Hampton was gone when they signed Fangupo and kept Ta'amu.

    There really was no reason to keep Mclendon on the bench.
    Youre absolutely correct, so allow me to rephrase.

    In my opinion expecting McClendon, fangupo or ta'mu to perform even at the level of 2012 Casey Hampton is a bad plan.
    same with expecting Allen and/or golden or a rookie to play as well as Clark is a bad plan.

    To me a plan would be to be getting reps to the eventual replacement and that didnt really happen. I'm sure they have a plan, they're professionals, it simply hasn't revealed itself yet and IMO what I see isn't much.

    We'll see as they say

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  5. #35
    Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    601
    This article is CRAP.. it's just theories and we're gona be seeing plenty of junk like this thru-out the off season. I wish fans would take this stuff with a grain of salt and use logic..
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg
    http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

  6. #36
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,455
    Hampton was an average player this year. Hampton gave you a handful of plays a game where he showed what he could do in the past but that was it. If you don't know where Hampton is at in his career...Watch the Browns games. Hampton was Mack's B!tch. Mack is a heck of a football player but when I see Hampton getting reached, turned, and driven away from the play by ONE guy & he is the C....Game over. At that point you need some type of athletic abilty to get yourself back in the play....Which he doesn't have. Most of the big running plays that were given up this year had alot to do with Gs getting to our LBs clean or LBs over persuing because they were late getting to the gap fighting off blocks. The X's & O's say he is done, the CAP says he is done, and the depth chart says it is time.



  7. #37
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Tank the season and just groom the young guys, get the top pick in the 14 draft, pick AJ McCarron. I want to see his girl and mom at the games in the black and gold.
    Jadeveon Clowney should be the top pick in the 2014 draft, and it shouldn't be close. I have no idea what Clowney's girl and mom look like, but I'd prefer to see them at the games in black and gold, if that means that Clowney is out there eating opposing offenses for lunch.

  8. #38
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,880
    It has never been the Steelers way to "clean house" and gut a unit of the team. They have always managed to keep key experience in times of transition.

    I agree with JPN, wonder if the docs saw something they didn't like and his or the team's hand has been forced....

  9. #39
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Hampton was an average player this year. Hampton gave you a handful of plays a game where he showed what he could do in the past but that was it. If you don't know where Hampton is at in his career...Watch the Browns games. Hampton was Mack's B!tch. Mack is a heck of a football player but when I see Hampton getting reached, turned, and driven away from the play by ONE guy & he is the C....Game over. At that point you need some type of athletic abilty to get yourself back in the play....Which he doesn't have. Most of the big running plays that were given up this year had alot to do with Gs getting to our LBs clean or LBs over persuing because they were late getting to the gap fighting off blocks. The X's & O's say he is done, the CAP says he is done, and the depth chart says it is time.
    It's this sort of analysis of Hampton that makes Chadman fearful of what we'll see next year at NT. If McLendon or Ta'amu couldn't force the Steelers hand to rotate Hampton out more often last season- where does that mean these young NT's are in their own development? If Hampton was 'done' last season, how ordinary were McLendon & Ta'amu??

    And what should we expect in 2013 as a result?
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  10. #40
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    It's this sort of analysis of Hampton that makes Chadman fearful of what we'll see next year at NT. If McLendon or Ta'amu couldn't force the Steelers hand to rotate Hampton out more often last season- where does that mean these young NT's are in their own development? If Hampton was 'done' last season, how ordinary were McLendon & Ta'amu??

    And what should we expect in 2013 as a result?


    I concur!


    An asute analysis.

    Btw, If woodley doesn't need shaw and any training during the off season maybe he'll blow up to be our next NT
    Last edited by supersteeler; 01-30-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •