Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 62

Thread: Ryan Clark To Be Cut?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler pfelix73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic US
    Posts
    2,223

    Ryan Clark To Be Cut?

    Just saw this on my FB page.. wtf.....

    102.5 WDVE via Randy Baumann


    "WOW! Ryan Clark could be released?"

    Could be a cap casualty.. Siting that injuries could have something to do with it- What do you all think of this?
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

    2012 MNF Executive Champion






  2. #2
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,158
    I think it's a terrible move.

    He's one of our most valuable and underrated players and there is little-to-no depth behind him. Even if the team thinks Robert Golden is a potential starter, where is our depth?

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,930
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I think it's a terrible move.

    He's one of our most valuable and underrated players and there is little-to-no depth behind him. Even if the team thinks Robert Golden is a potential starter, where is our depth?
    Agree. This is an awful move and his salary is pretty reasonable.

    There was an article on BTSC suggesting that a release might be forthcoming because Clark recently deactivated his twitter account.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...CQb2crVYgINshQ

    Looks like anyone over 30 on the steelers team should worry....except for Ben.
    Last edited by supersteeler; 01-29-2013 at 10:39 AM.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Cut Troy first....

  6. #6
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,832
    If this happens it has to be heavily influenced by his recent health issues and IMO is an indication that they intend to clean house. If we are going to clean house on defense this is the year to do it.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

    2014 Draft

    1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Yakima, Washington, United States
    Posts
    1,380
    I saw that last night as well and was shocked. I think you may be right Ovi, they may be cleaning out more guys than any of us thought. My only question is who the hell is going to play FS next year? Will Allen?
    Ryan seemed like he was a great leader, something the Steelers sorely need.

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,832
    Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    I saw that last night as well and was shocked. I think you may be right Ovi, they may be cleaning out more guys than any of us thought. My only question is who the hell is going to play FS next year? Will Allen?
    Ryan seemed like he was a great leader, something the Steelers sorely need.
    I think that we may see that the front office has assessed that talent wise they are the third best team in the AFC North with a few of their key players on the downward side of their careers. I think it is logical to assume that we are not ready to win the AFC North next year so they may be deciding that now is the year to make major changes and set ourselves up for another 6-7 years of being competitive...one step back two steps forward. This could be the year they fix the cap so they have the maximum flexibility to move forward when the big TV money hits next year versus just trying to sustain.

    I totally agree if that is the assessment they have made. Both the Bumgals and Ravens are better than us right now.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

    2014 Draft

    1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think that we may see that the front office has assessed that talent wise they are the third best team in the AFC North with a few of their key players on the downward side of their careers. I think it is logical to assume that we are not ready to win the AFC North next year so they may be deciding that now is the year to make major changes and set ourselves up for another 6-7 years of being competitive...one step back two steps forward. This could be the year they fix the cap so they have the maximum flexibility to move forward when the big TV money hits next year versus just trying to sustain.

    I totally agree if that is the assessment they have made. Both the Bumgals and Ravens are better than us right now.
    Tank the season and just groom the young guys, get the top pick in the 14 draft, pick AJ McCarron. I want to see his girl and mom at the games in the black and gold.

  10. #10
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    20,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Tank the season and just groom the young guys, get the top pick in the 14 draft, pick AJ McCarron. I want to see his girl and mom at the games in the black and gold.
    Jadeveon Clowney should be the top pick in the 2014 draft, and it shouldn't be close. I have no idea what Clowney's girl and mom look like, but I'd prefer to see them at the games in black and gold, if that means that Clowney is out there eating opposing offenses for lunch.


    1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •