Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Steelers ask permission to interview..

  1. #1
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,353

    Steelers ask permission to interview..

    The Pittsburgh Steelers have received permission from the Washington Redskins to talk to their special teams coach Danny Smith.


    Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=2#ixzz2JJZ3HR2J
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  2. #2
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Steelers special teams under Ligashesky stunk.
    Under Al Everest, not too bad. He's fired.
    Under Tomlin's buddy Amos Jones stunk with Tomlin saying he would have a hand in it....
    Hmmmmm?

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...Hired-By-Cards
    Again no response. When one man fires the only coach that led a decent special team unit, said he would be involved in assisting coaching the special teams, and they still stink, is it fair to blame the ST coach or time to look at the HC?
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 01-28-2013 at 08:46 PM.

  4. #4
    I am hoping they are interviewing more than one guy.

  5. #5
    Danny Smith is a very good ST coach...

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...Hired-By-Cards
    Again no response. When one man fires the only coach that led a decent special team unit, said he would be involved in assisting coaching the special teams, and they still stink, is it fair to blame the ST coach or time to look at the HC?
    The whole thing with the ST coach getting canned this year was very strange. There is still nothing that has leaked out about it either.

    And yeah, the STs have been generally subpar since Tomlin has been here with the exception of a year or two. He certainly bears some responsibility.

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,111
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    The whole thing with the ST coach getting canned this year was very strange. There is still nothing that has leaked out about it either.

    And yeah, the STs have been generally subpar since Tomlin has been here with the exception of a year or two. He certainly bears some responsibility.
    Our special teams haven't been subpar under just Tomlin. Cowher had his issues with special teams and I believe for many years he handled the special teams duties. Hopefully they will bring in someone who can clean that group up.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,925
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Our special teams haven't been subpar under just Tomlin. Cowher had his issues with special teams and I believe for many years he handled the special teams duties. Hopefully they will bring in someone who can clean that group up.
    True, going back to Mark Royals having the punt blocked in the KC playoff game.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Danny Smith is a very good ST coach...
    I hope so, but according to some sources, Smith is overrated and his performance is inconsistent. According to Rick Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News, who rates special teams by comparing teams in 22 different categories, Smith's Redskins' STs were 31st (next-to-the-worst) in the NFL this past season. I agree with the OP, I hope they're interviewing several candidates.
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 01-30-2013 at 12:12 AM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I hope so, but according to some sources, Smith is overrated and his performance is inconsistent. According to Rick Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News, who rates special teams by comparing teams in 22 different categories, Smith's Redskins' STs were 31st (next-to-the-worst) in the NFL this past season. I agree with the OP, I hope they're interviewing several candidates.
    The key words are "this past season"...Bobby April's ST in Philly were probably worse than Washington this past season, but that doesn't make him a bad ST Coach...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •