Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Arians vs Haley: Peter King via PFF

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The dumbest thing we did was not add a TE or OL depth.
    How dare you disrespect Matt Spaeth. Good day Sir.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    No one expected Arians to get a head coaching gig (teams prefer to sign first-time coaches in their 40's rather than first-time coaches in their 60's). While I didn't necessarily expect him to fall on his face in Indy (because I really liked Luck as a prospect), I expected Arians to get his young QB killed. While the kid somehow escaped major injury, the fact is that he endured much more punishment than he should have. I think Luck will be better under his college coach Pep Hamilton now.

As for making the Cardinals more competitive, it would be hard to be less competitive now that they have moved on from the Kolb/Skelton/Lindley/Hoyer pu-pu platter at QB. Although they are one good hit away from starting Drew Stanton at QB, and if there is one thing for sure about an Arians offense, Carson Palmer will be hit and hit often.
    I doubt Palmer will be hit often...

QB's like Ben and Luck are built for contact, scrambling, etc and are ok with a vertical game.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    It's about the math. Did Ben get hit less last season? Yes. You can't prevent injury but you can decrease the odds...you can do things to protect your franchise. But, it's a contact league, and people will get hurt no matter what system you institute.
    Ben Roethlisberger's sack percentage was 20% lower in 2012 than it was in 2011, despite the offensive line being essentially the same. He was injured on his 18th sack of the season. It was just bad luck.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Ben Roethlisberger's sack percentage was 20% lower in 2012 than it was in 2011, despite the offensive line being essentially the same. He was injured on his 18th sack of the season. It was just bad luck.
    Which makes sense to me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bromance of Todd Haley and Ben Roethlisberger confirmed

By Neal Coolong on Jun 12 2013

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and Todd Haley are working together in a more mutually agreeable manner, and their combined strength could lead to big things for the Steelers offense.

The worry last season was the lack of ability to apply cutesy puns on the relationship of Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and offensive coordinator Todd Haley.

There was no Bromance. They weren't BFFs, according to many reports. There were no Parcells and Taylor comparisons to how they acted toward each other. We didn't even get a Hetero Lifemates joke. It was more Martin and Steinbrenner.

As assumed, though, their positive relationship is being pushed much higher on the overall agenda this offseason. According to Ed Bouchette of the Post-Gazette:

"After Haley was hired last year, the story became how long it took for the new coordinator and the old quarterback to finally speak to one another. This year, they can't stop."

It's an old-fashioned story of Bromance. Todd and Ben, perhaps more masculine circles would refer to their collective togetherness as "Bod."

The word "icy" was used to describe their previous relationship, but now, and perhaps in wake of the likely elimination of Disco Dan from the Pittsburgh sports vernacular, Bod comes at a good time.

The Steelers' offense - much like the Penguins - stagnated over the final four games of their season. A big part of that was Roethlisberger's injury and inactivity, but Haley was also down right tackle MIke Adams and left guard Willie Colon - the team averaged over 4.7 yards a carry when the pair was starting.

With injuries chipping away at the team's offensive potential, Haley rested the bulk of the offense on the balky right arm of his future BFF, Roethlisberger.

The results were not what the couple hoped for in the early stages of their relationship. A rough end to the 2012 season leads to the need for both of them to come together. They're both competitive, by all accounts, and winning is the most important thing.

Competition can breed positive overall results. Let's hope their blustering Bromance can as well.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/6/12/4422270/todd-haley-ben-roethlisberger-steelers-minicamp-recap-preview[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    How dare you disrespect Matt Spaeth. Good day Sir.
    I've always been a huge Spaeth supporter from his first stint with us. He just isn't Heath Miller or a young up and coming Tyler Eifert.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Two very competitive indivuals who have a losing season together...realizing they need each other to be successful=Offense waiting to happen. I'm excited.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I've always been a huge Spaeth supporter from his first stint with us. He just isn't Heath Miller or a young up and coming Tyler Eifert.
    Now you went and done it. You mentioned "him". I thought the man crush on Eifert was officially dead.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

What were Tyler Eifert's NFL stats last year?

Legend

User Info Menu

Tyler Eifert caught 4 TD passes in 13 games at Notre Dame this past season and caught a total of 4 passes against Michigan, Michigan St and Miami, Fla.

I don't get the hype...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha