Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Arians vs Haley: Peter King via PFF

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The dumbest thing we did was not add a TE or OL depth.

If Ben is doing more than playing nice for the PR then I think he could have his best season ever.

Like I said, I see Wallace being gone as addition through subtraction. Ben is addicted to the gunslinger approach and take away his greatest temptation and hopefully he will focus more on the probability of success throws versus putting up the wish and prayer.
    I do think there was something to the locker room talk. I believe Wallace leaving will help some of that. I would have liked to see the Steelers pick up a TE, but to get a guy who could start this year you would have had to draft him in the first 2 rounds. I wouldn't give up Jones or Bell for a TE.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    You indicated BA can coach a QB better than Haley. I was saying Kurt Warner would disagree with you considering Haley took a warn out Kurt and turned him back into a machine.
    No I didn't... I said BA also gets his QB's to the postseason even though they get hit. Everyone screams about BA getting his QB's hit... but those QB's have a track record of postseason play.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The dumbest thing we did was not add a TE or OL depth.

If Ben is doing more than playing nice for the PR then I think he could have his best season ever.

Like I said, I see Wallace being gone as addition through subtraction. Ben is addicted to the gunslinger approach and take away his greatest temptation and hopefully he will focus more on the probability of success throws versus putting up the wish and prayer.
    We have OL and TE depth...

you may not like them but we have 1st and 2nd rounders starting on the OL and we also have 4 or 5 TE's.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    No I didn't... I said BA also gets his QB's to the postseason even though they get hit. Everyone screams about BA getting his QB's hit... but those QB's have a track record of postseason play.
    That's fine when the QB is on the good side of 30. Ours isn't. If we can still be productive with fewer hits on Ben, we're better off. Even though last year still ended up with Ben injured, taking fewer hits is still better at this point in his career.

Rookie

User Info Menu

BA will have a chance to put his money where your mouth is this year...if Arizona can get past San Fran and Seattle this year in that division with Carson Palmer at the helm, that will be quite the accomplishment...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    BA will have a chance to put his money where your mouth is this year...if Arizona can get past San Fran and Seattle this year in that division with Carson Palmer at the helm, that will be quite the accomplishment...
    I doubt that will happen... but then again, everyone on here said he would fall on his face in Indy and never get a HC job.

I think BA will find a way to turn things around in AZ. I don't see them winning the division this year but I bet they are more competitive.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    That's fine when the QB is on the good side of 30. Ours isn't. If we can still be productive with fewer hits on Ben, we're better off. Even though last year still ended up with Ben injured, taking fewer hits is still better at this point in his career.
    We witnessed last year it doesn't matter... Ben finds ways to get hit because he plays an unconventional game and I'm not sure why fans keep acting like he will change.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I doubt that will happen... but then again, everyone on here said he would fall on his face in Indy and never get a HC job.
    Not everyone...

Legend

User Info Menu

I think BA will find a way to turn things around in AZ. I don't see them winning the division this year but I bet they are more competitive.
    No one expected Arians to get a head coaching gig (teams prefer to sign first-time coaches in their 40's rather than first-time coaches in their 60's). While I didn't necessarily expect him to fall on his face in Indy (because I really liked Luck as a prospect), I expected Arians to get his young QB killed. While the kid somehow escaped major injury, the fact is that he endured much more punishment than he should have. I think Luck will be better under his college coach Pep Hamilton now.

As for making the Cardinals more competitive, it would be hard to be less competitive now that they have moved on from the Kolb/Skelton/Lindley/Hoyer pu-pu platter at QB. Although they are one good hit away from starting Drew Stanton at QB, and if there is one thing for sure about an Arians offense, Carson Palmer will be hit and hit often.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    No one expected Arians to get a head coaching gig (teams prefer to sign first-time coaches in their 40's rather than first-time coaches in their 60's). While I didn't necessarily expect him to fall on his face in Indy (because I really liked Luck as a prospect), I expected Arians to get his young QB killed. While the kid somehow escaped major injury, the fact is that he endured much more punishment than he should have. I think Luck will be better under his college coach Pep Hamilton now.

As for making the Cardinals more competitive, it would be hard to be less competitive now that they have moved on from the Kolb/Skelton/Lindley/Hoyer pu-pu platter at QB. Although they are one good hit away from starting Drew Stanton at QB, and if there is one thing for sure about an Arians offense, Carson Palmer will be hit and hit often.
    Arians will be gone from Arizona in three years. He is an interim solution while they rebuild and then turn it over to someone who will try to take them to the next level.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"