Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arians vs Haley: Peter King via PFF

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope Carson Palmer has his health insurance up to date

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    My response had nothing to do with Haley...

BA's quarterbacks take more hits but they have more success while doing so...
    really? Would an over the hill Kurt Warner agree with you?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    really? Would an over the hill Kurt Warner agree with you?
    Kurt Warner never played for BA... I have no idea what that even means.

I know this is a BA vs Haley thread but my observation has nothing to do with Haley. BA may get his QB's hit but they have success... I also think BA had a QB named Manning who didnt like getting hit and he made it work. Its all about the QB... I doubt Palmer will take hits because he isnt that type of QB.

QBs who hate contact wont take tons of it regardless of a 7 step drop... QBs who are OK with contact will take more of it if they feel they can win games in the process.

..as far as Kurt Warner goes... the guy was throwing to Larry Fitz and Boldin. Not sure what he has to do with BA getting QBs hit while getting them to the playoffs more times than not.

Legend

User Info Menu

I know this is a BA vs Haley thread but my observation has nothing to do with Haley. BA may get his QB's hit but they have success... I also think BA had a QB named Manning who didnt like getting hit and he made it work. Its all about the QB... I doubt Palmer will take hits because he isnt that type of QB.

QBs who hate contact wont take tons of it regardless of a 7 step drop... QBs who are OK with contact will take more of it if they feel they can win games in the process.

..as far as Kurt Warner goes... the guy was throwing to Larry Fitz and Boldin. Not sure what he has to do with BA getting QBs hit while getting them to the playoffs more times than not.
    I think the point is that Haley can get a QB to the playoffs too. And that scrub at KC can attest to that too.

When it comes to the Steeler? "Ben" has at time played worse with Wiz and with Arians. Heck Ben was worse in 2011.
    The TEAM was worse in 2012, not Ben.

We swept the Browns in 2011 scoring 14 and 13 points.
    We LOST a gaim scoring 31 last year
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-10-2013 at 10:30 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

148 hits? That's ridiculous. Maybe we can stop blaming the o-line

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    148 hits? That's ridiculous. Maybe we can stop blaming the o-line
    yeah, that's a pretty damning number.

Legend

User Info Menu

You indicated BA can coach a QB better than Haley. I was saying Kurt Warner would disagree with you considering Haley took a warn out Kurt and turned him back into a machine.

Legend

User Info Menu

My opinion in all this is as follows:

1. Arians got lucky last year with an incredibly talented rookie QB and getting caught up in a human interest story that got national play with the HC having cancer and the team rallying for him.
    2. Arians will be exposed as a HC this season in AZ with limited talent at QB, but to be fair what HC wouldn't
    3. Our offense under Haley this year will be better than last year because Ben seems to be embracing it, Wallace is gone (hence taking away Ben's worst addiction waiting for deep patterns to open while passing on sure gains shorter) and we have a very good RB in Bell.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

O, I agree that this offense should be much improved as long as we can stay healthy. The smartest thing Haley did was include Ben. Not just because I think it's wise to let your QB have a say, but because of Ben's personality.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    O, I agree that this offense should be much improved as long as we can stay healthy. The smartest thing Haley did was include Ben. Not just because I think it's wise to let your QB have a say, but because of Ben's personality.
    The dumbest thing we did was not add a TE or OL depth.

If Ben is doing more than playing nice for the PR then I think he could have his best season ever.

Like I said, I see Wallace being gone as addition through subtraction. Ben is addicted to the gunslinger approach and take away his greatest temptation and hopefully he will focus more on the probability of success throws versus putting up the wish and prayer.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"