Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep your eye on RB Andre Ellington

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Keep your eye on RB Andre Ellington

from Clemson. This kid is a Jamaal Charles clone. We all know how Haley loved utilizing Charles in his scheme. Watch for him in the second round.

Legend

User Info Menu

Don't know anything about him. Got any details?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Played behind C.J. Spiller as a frosh. Split time with Jamie Harper as a soph. Is an electric player with great burst and speed. Not a tckle breaker bt has very good speed and vision. Think LaMichael James.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Played behind C.J. Spiller as a frosh. Split time with Jamie Harper as a soph. Is an electric player with great burst and speed. Not a tckle breaker bt has very good speed and vision. Think LaMichael James.
    Interesting. A guy like that could really add a nice dimension to the Steelers offense.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You would take him over Lacy? I wouldn't. Half of these smallish speed guys never cut it. You just don't know until they are in the league. The best ever smallish back was James Brooks - 180 lbs but was still an every down back that could run through traffic (something Rainy could not do) and take it to the house. He played for SD and Cinci. I recall him blowing the doors off Rod Woodson, of all people.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    You would take him over Lacy? I wouldn't. Half of these smallish speed guys never cut it. You just don't know until they are in the league. The best ever smallish back was James Brooks - 180 lbs but was still an every down back that could run through traffic (something Rainy could not do) and take it to the house. He played for SD and Cinci. I recall him blowing the doors off Rod Woodson, of all people.
    Obviously not if you look at my mock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Obviously not if you look at my mock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keylargo, why Lacy over Bernard?
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Lacy has done it versus the best competition. He has low mileage too, which I know Colbert loves.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    I thought I was the only one here who liked Bernard more than Lacy. To me, getting Bernard would be like adding a Shady McCoy type of dynamic talent to our backfield. Lacy was dominant in the championship game, no doubt, but I think most draftworthy RB's would look awesome behind Warmack/Jones/Fluker/etc. I just don't see that special elite quality in Lacy like I saw in Trent Richardson. I think Lacy could be what Bam Morris might have been on this level (if he didn't screw everything up, of course).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I thought I was the only one here who liked Bernard more than Lacy. To me, getting Bernard would be like adding a Shady McCoy type of dynamic talent to our backfield. Lacy was dominant in the championship game, no doubt, but I think most draftworthy RB's would look awesome behind Warmack/Jones/Fluker/etc. I just don't see that special elite quality in Lacy like I saw in Trent Richardson. I think Lacy could be what Bam Morris might have been on this level (if he didn't screw everything up, of course).
    I'd also take Bernard over Lacy, however either would be an improvement over what we have.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"