Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Keep your eye on RB Andre Ellington

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Lacy is a step better than Bam was, even if Bam wasn't high. Lacy has a much better ability for YACs then did Bam. Look at how many YACs Lacy has, and those have little or nothing to do with his OL. He has a nice combination of quickness, fluidity and power. Bam was more of a straight ahead pounder with little moves. Lacy had a good deal of moves and spins (not overboard spins like Mendenspin).

Lacy won't be playing the ND's of the world when he 's in the NFL, besides he had a dominate O-line in college two first rounders on Bama's line so that helped him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Lacy won't be playing the ND's of the world when he 's in the NFL, besides he had a dominate O-line in college two first rounders on Bama's line so that helped him.
    What, you mean the only decent game Lacy had was vs. ND? Oh wait, he played in - by FAR - the toughest div. in all of college football. How many players from the SEC will make the NFL? Boatloads. Lacy had to rush against LSU, GA, FL etc. Fo wheel. Get wit it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Lacy is a good back, I won't deny that, but there is a difference between college and Pro. Hey, if we get him I wouldn't mind at all however we better fix the run blocking first or we would waste his talent.
    Now if you want to add a package deal with Lacy and Womack then were talking.....Bidness!

Legend

User Info Menu

Fo wheel.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Lacy is a good back, I won't deny that, but there is a difference between college and Pro. Hey, if we get him I wouldn't mind at all however we better fix the run blocking first or we would waste his talent.
    Now if you want to add a package deal with Lacy and Womack then were talking.....Bidness!
    Oh no eee di int. If that happened I'd just crap myself. I don't think either one will happen. I think Lacy will be gone by our 2nd pick and I don't see them going RB in the first round. But if we got Womack and Lacy, that would make the draft alone! Fo wheel. Git wit it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Having watched a bit of Lacy's highlights, one thing that stands out is how often he isn't hit in the backfield.

Now, this can be viewed 2 ways- it could be that Lacy is great at finding open space, that his vision is impeccable & that he just sees the field that well.

Which is possible.

But that OL of his is outstanding at the college level. His lack of contact behind the line is more likely a result of the 5 big guys in front of him.

The reason Chadman brings that up is, Lacy is a 'big guy'. When a big guy gets some momentum, he becomes much harder to stop, particularly 1 on 1. So watching Lacy bust through his first tackle after he's run 8 or so yards & has his top speed going, is not really surprising.

Thing is, that won't happen in the NFL, at least- not consistantly. How is he without momentum?

The second way to look at it is this- is he much different from what is already on the roster? If you put Redman or Dwyer behind a dominant line like Alabama- how would they go? Both are 'big guys' that, with momentum, are hard to stop.

This is not a post bagging Lacy, who looks like a good power runner. But in a game where you want to keep your opposition guessing as to the next move, is having 3 RB's that essentially do the same job, good roster management?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Rookie

User Info Menu

What, you mean the only decent game Lacy had was vs. ND? Oh wait, he played in - by FAR - the toughest div. in all of college football.
    This is a fallacy...the SEC is composed of a few really good "haves" and a whole bunch of "have nots"...

Take a look at the relative strength of schedule comparisons...the numbers bear that out...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Oh no eee di int. If that happened I'd just crap myself. I don't think either one will happen. I think Lacy will be gone by our 2nd pick and I don't see them going RB in the first round. But if we got Womack and Lacy, that would make the draft alone! Fo wheel. Git wit it.
    I remember us saying that after day 1 of the draft where we picked Mendenhall and Sweed. Even all the talking heads gave us an A+ for day 1 of that draft. How'd that work out for us?
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I liked what I saw in Lacy the two times I watched him play this year. You can only make a judgment based on what you see on the field. The one thing for sure is that he will be playing against better defenders and tacklers next year in the NFL. So, what I liked about him when I saw him play this year was that he almost always fell forward, he delivered blows and he seemed to have excellent vision and game sense.

What I didn't like was his propensity to spin in a similar fashion to Mendenhall and he seemed to enjoy a lot of running room provided to him by the offensive line (he probably won't get that from the Steeler line).

If he's on the board in round one and he's rated as BPA, I'd take him, if not, then I wouldn't. He'll be gone by 2.49 IMO.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    If he's on the board in round one and he's rated as BPA, I'd take him
    In this draft, no RB is BPA where we pick in the mid-first. I wouldn't be surprised if no RB's are selected at all in the first this year.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.