Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Keep your eye on RB Andre Ellington

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It's funny that the youtube highlight video of Eddie Lacy I posted was removed even though I clearly stated that the background music had profanity in it and not to watch around children. However the exact same video can be viewed in this thread a few posts up from this one. I guess I shouldn't have mentioned viewer discretion is advised.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    He doesn't burst of the screen or anything. I think at the NFL level he won't be that good. But this dude....

A terrific vid no doubt. But the concern of some is valid. Running behind an OL with 2-3 or more 1st rd types--?? Actually this concern could be helpful. He might be around in the 2nd, Highly probably a move up might be needed.

But that is not what the reply is about. When the vid finished. I noticed in the top left corner of the other vids was one called "Top RB's of College FB 2013". This was the video I posted in one of the posts.

There were like 15-20 backs shown with a play or two just to get a look at how they moved anyhow. All of them have some positives. But none really had it all other than the one in your vid.

I started 3 posts listing all of them with their rankings and times plus some other info. Then I sort of made a comment on each of them. But cancelled each time 3/4ths of the way through. Since really a play or two is not really enough. [I had already looked at several vids on the top 10 or so backs earlier]

But the vid makers idea was very good. Too bad he did not go just a bit further. I really think 3 or 4 plays on each back would be enough. 1. Showing them breaking away on a big run[which is there for all] 2. One showing smashing with power into heavy traffic which he did not and 3. Another showing them flaring out for a pass. 4. Any generally interesting play. [maybe even blocking]

But still as it is, it still is interesting to watch these players side by side so to speak and compare styles and other things. Take a look.

Joseph Randle, Malcolm Brown, Montel Harris, Andre Ellington, Giovani Bernard,Ray Graham, John White/Utah, Isi Sofele, Stepfan Taylor, LeVeon Bell,
    Rex Burkhead, Montee Ball, Silas Redd, Zac Stacy, Knile Davis, Henry Josey, Marcus Lattimore, Eddie Lacy, Isaiah Crowell and Christine Michael. Too bad he did not include Mike Gillislee, Johnathan Franklin and Robbie Rouse who all did very well in the Senior Bowl. Also he probably omitted this years Morris.

Starter

User Info Menu

I just noticed something. In an earlier thread I posted some info on Montel Harris from cbs/nflds rankings. He was one of those UDFA types you just throw in.

362 [URL="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1630429/montel-harris"]Montel Harris[/URL] RB 26 Temple rSr 5-08 206 ––
    Anyway, today I looked at draftcountdown to see what is going on there and it seems Montel has grown a bit since Tuesday.

20. [URL="http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/RB/Montel-Harris.php"]Montel Harris[/URL] Temple 5-10 207 4.55

This player probably will not be drafted but I was surprised to see DCD having him listed in range. He got a lot faster too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Keyplay1 View Post
    A terrific vid no doubt. But the concern of some is valid. Running behind an OL with 2-3 or more 1st rd types--?? Actually this concern could be helpful. He might be around in the 2nd, Highly probably a move up might be needed.

But that is not what the reply is about. When the vid finished. I noticed in the top left corner of the other vids was one called "Top RB's of College FB 2013". This was the video I posted in one of the posts.

There were like 15-20 backs shown with a play or two just to get a look at how they moved anyhow. All of them have some positives. But none really had it all other than the one in your vid.

I started 3 posts listing all of them with their rankings and times plus some other info. Then I sort of made a comment on each of them. But cancelled each time 3/4ths of the way through. Since really a play or two is not really enough. [I had already looked at several vids on the top 10 or so backs earlier]

But the vid makers idea was very good. Too bad he did not go just a bit further. I really think 3 or 4 plays on each back would be enough. 1. Showing them breaking away on a big run[which is there for all] 2. One showing smashing with power into heavy traffic which he did not and 3. Another showing them flaring out for a pass. 4. Any generally interesting play. [maybe even blocking]

But still as it is, it still is interesting to watch these players side by side so to speak and compare styles and other things. Take a look.

Joseph Randle, Malcolm Brown, Montel Harris, Andre Ellington, Giovani Bernard,Ray Graham, John White/Utah, Isi Sofele, Stepfan Taylor, LeVeon Bell,
    Rex Burkhead, Montee Ball, Silas Redd, Zac Stacy, Knile Davis, Henry Josey, Marcus Lattimore, Eddie Lacy, Isaiah Crowell and Christine Michael. Too bad he did not include Mike Gillislee, Johnathan Franklin and Robbie Rouse who all did very well in the Senior Bowl. Also he probably omitted this years Morris.
    Good point about the vid- great idea putting together a collection of players so that you don't have to troll around looking.

3 RB's stand out to Chadman at this point- Mike Gillislee, Andre Ellington & Joseph Randle. All offer something the Steelers don't have, and all have the ability to impact a game with their play.

Chadman see's Ellington bulked up from 190lbs to 197lbs. That's a good sign going into the NFL- 190lbs is too small. Ideally, if he could get to around 205lbs, that seems to be about the mark for guys to be physically able to continually pound the football.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I liked what I saw in Lacy the two times I watched him play this year. You can only make a judgment based on what you see on the field. The one thing for sure is that he will be playing against better defenders and tacklers next year in the NFL. So, what I liked about him when I saw him play this year was that he almost always fell forward, he delivered blows and he seemed to have excellent vision and game sense.

What I didn't like was his propensity to spin in a similar fashion to Mendenhall and he seemed to enjoy a lot of running room provided to him by the offensive line (he probably won't get that from the Steeler line).

If he's on the board in round one and he's rated as BPA, I'd take him, if not, then I wouldn't. He'll be gone by 2.49 IMO.

Pappy
    You hit my thoughts spot on Pappy. Shades of Spindenhall on some runs. But not shy of contact and has good body lean. Steelers have a real need for a low center of gravity RB but with quick feet to make a tackler miss. None on the roster right now.