Thread: Pgh "loses" it's special team's coach?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Pgh "loses" it's special team's coach?

AZ has signed him to the same position....really?

When you get signed away to the same position for another team, doesn't that usually mean you did a good job the previous season? Amos Jones? Do you think our ST were "special?"

I don't know. Why would he leave to a crap team for the same position to begin with? It might be that things are not going so well in Steeler land. Would you leave the Steelers for the same position with the Cards?

Legend

User Info Menu

and probably an easier chance at getting a promotion next year if ST's improves. Our ST's are notorious for being horrible so maybe it's the culture as well.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't think most around here would say that the man did a good job, so this saves the FO from getting rid of him. KC probably called BA and asked for a solid. LOL

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Maybe he was told that, " if any team offers you a spot, take it. " Wow, and I thought Bruce Arians never did anything positive for our Steelers. I hope Tomlin doesn't use the same measuring stick to find a special teams coach as he did when he thought Mayan would work as a center.

Legend

User Info Menu

[URL]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/39922-Amos-Jones-Hired-By-Cards[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Maybe he was told that, " if any team offers you a spot, take it. " Wow, and I thought Bruce Arians never did anything positive for our Steelers. I hope Tomlin doesn't use the same measuring stick to find a special teams coach as he did when he thought Mayan would work as a center.
    The Mayans predicted that the world would end in 2012.

Sean Mahan predicted that solid Steeler OL play would end in 2007.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.