Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleacher Report, Post-Senior Bowl 7 Rd Steelers Mock

Legend

User Info Menu

Bleacher Report, Post-Senior Bowl 7 Rd Steelers Mock

This is a large article of several pages, here's the link.

[URL]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1502819-pittsburgh-steelers-mock-draft-7-round-projections-after-senior-bowl[/URL]

It basically unfolds like this:

Round 1: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

Round 2: Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford

Round 3: Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina

Round 4: Sean Porter, LB, Texas A&M

Round 5: Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International

Round 6: B.W. Webb, CB, William & Mary

Round 7: Tanner Hawkinson, OL, Kansas

The reasoning isn't too bad in the development of this mock. If Lattimore fully comes back from injury and we used a 3rd to get him, he'd indeed be the steal of the draft. Although, I have to say with all of our injuries from last season in the spotlight, I'm not sure the Steelers FO would pull the trigger on him.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I like #2 and 4. I had Sean porter on my mock and the TE form ND. I'm thinking WR will be drafted below #1, if we get Ertz or the TE from ND that should help us in the offense.

If we don't sign Lewis, they may take the best CB available in round one unless a can't miss player is there.

Legend

User Info Menu

Who is going to play on the OL, especially if Starks and Foster leave?

I do love the offensive slant in Round 1-3 and I think a TE in Round 2 would be a great pick. I also like Cyprien at Saftey.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    This is a large article of several pages, here's the link.

[URL]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1502819-pittsburgh-steelers-mock-draft-7-round-projections-after-senior-bowl[/URL]

It basically unfolds like this:

Round 1: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

Round 2: Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford

Round 3: Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina

Round 4: Sean Porter, LB, Texas A&M

Round 5: Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International

Round 6: B.W. Webb, CB, William & Mary

Round 7: Tanner Hawkinson, OL, Kansas

The reasoning isn't too bad in the development of this mock. If Lattimore fully comes back from injury and we used a 3rd to get him, he'd indeed be the steal of the draft. Although, I have to say with all of our injuries from last season in the spotlight, I'm not sure the Steelers FO would pull the trigger on him.
    Marcus Lattimore is not a steal in the 3rd round. Maybe in the 6th, 7th round. This guy has had two knee reconstructions! Yeah, I know Frank Gore has done it before. But be real--guys like Gore are an exception, not the rule. You can't gamble on WASTING a premium pick (i.e. 1st-3rd), when your team is as "old" as the Steelers is. You need young bodies (i.e. healthy).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Marcus Lattimore is not a steal in the 3rd round. Maybe in the 6th, 7th round. This guy has had two knee reconstructions! Yeah, I know Frank Gore has done it before. But be real--guys like Gore are an exception, not the rule. You can't gamble on WASTING a premium pick (i.e. 1st-3rd), when your team is as "old" as the Steelers is. You need young bodies (i.e. healthy).
    I completely agree, there is a very high likelihood that Lattimore will have to sit out the entire next season and we have too many holes to fill to be able to afford that luxury.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

love that mock

if latti's knee doesnt check out well at the time of the draft, get another back..

as far as the OL goes, we have 4 premium picks in the last couple of years. i'd try to get starks back and let the rest fight it out. i remember reading gilbert could play guard too when we drafted him. and what about that ryan lee kid on the PS?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think we lost ryan lee, unfortunately.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Lattimore is easily 1st round talent. With that being said, his reconstruction knee surgies (on both knees now) is obviously a major concern. There is no way I would chance him in the 3rd. If it was the 6th or 7th round... then by all means.... draft him.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Willis McGahee has had a decent career post-traumatic surgeries. I think the obvious question with Lattimore is whether or not he'll be ready by the start of the season. If not, then we pass on him of course. But like steelz09 points out, the guy is first-round talent. The article quoted Lattimore as saying he's on track to be ready for the start of the season, so of course you take that with a grain of salt, but if he is ready to go, he COULD be huge.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Love the Patterson pick... that kid is smooth and he can do it all. I'm on the fence with Lattimore but I think he is worth the risk.