Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Pittsburgh Steelers will not lose one player...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Pittsburgh Steelers will not lose one player...

...that they want to keep!!! Would some of you guys chill out?! You act as if you just became Steeler fans. I know it's the off-season but give it a break would ya?!
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Agreed. Based on history the Steelers don't lose young talent unless they are a locker room cancer. That's why I believe Lewis will be our DB for many seasons to come.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree. Lewis should be our primary target, even if we have to sacrifice a veteran Steeler mainstay to make it happen. I highly doubt that the team will just let a talented young guy just walk out the door like that.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    ...that they want to keep!!! Would some of you guys chill out?! You act as if you just became Steeler fans. I know it's the off-season but give it a break would ya?!
    I agree with you for the most part. However, that doesn't mean they won't fail in their plan.

There a quite a few teams that need a decent CB that have huge amounts of cap space in our division. Cleveland and Cincinatti. I could see Cinci going after Lewis.

If Lewis does leave, it may not because the Steelers intended it to happen that way. Of course they have contingencies in place, but it doesn't make them perfect at everything they do.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't agree. I think they'll lose at least a couple of players that they'd really like to keep. Whether or not they admit it is another matter.

The upcoming draft will be really important, as will whatever lower-level free agent signings they can manage.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Steelers are currently about 14.2 million over the cap as we sit right now. I don't see James Harrison returning which will save the team 5.1 million. If Willie Colon is cut it will save the team 1.2 million. That's 6.3 million into that cap. The team will probably also rework deals for Ben, Antonio, Lamarr, and LT which will save anywhere between 18-22 million. That gives the team approximately 10 million to spend. If a contract is structured right for Keenan the team should be able to resign him and also possibly Legursky and Warren, while also being able to bring in a free agent TE to hold the position until Heath is healthy. I would say a fair contract for Lewis should be somewhere between 6-8 annually for 5 seasons. Khan is a master at getting this team in a position to work within the cap space. They will lose players like Foster and Starks which I'm sure they would rather not but it will just not work within the confines of the cap. Losing players like Wallace, Mendenhall, Hampton was all anticipated by the team. I agree for the most part that the team will not lose most players they want to keep but they will lose some. Saying all that they will be fine. This team is built through the draft and I would expect an OLB, WR, RB, and S to be addressed early in April.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Lewis for the next 5 years or Troy for the next 2?
    Who would you rather have?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I agree. Lewis should be our primary target, even if we have to sacrifice a veteran Steeler mainstay to make it happen. I highly doubt that the team will just let a talented young guy just walk out the door like that.

Like Mike Wallace?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Lewis for the next 5 years or Troy for the next 2?
    Who would you rather have?

Lewis. No confidence Troy plays 32 games over two full seasons.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Lewis. No confidence Troy plays 32 games over two full seasons.
    $$$$$
    I love Troy and all that he's done for this team, but at this point, the priority has got to be signing Lewis.
    Maybe Troy will decide he's made enough money and will come back for a cut-rate deal...otherwise, I think he's gone, and probably should be. Same with James Harrison. It will hurt to lose him this coming season, but unless he comes back for cheap, I don't see him playing with the Steelers in 2013.