Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three players who need to step up in 2013

Legend

User Info Menu

Dee, what do you see as Worild's role if he steps up? I like what I see out of him when he plays the LOLB spot, but that position is currently taken. Do you see him pushingWoodley out? Do you see Woodley moving and JH moving on? I agree that he could be on the verge, but don't see where he fits without either an injury or a release.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Dee, what do you see as Worild's role if he steps up? I like what I see out of him when he plays the LOLB spot, but that position is currently taken. Do you see him pushingWoodley out? Do you see Woodley moving and JH moving on? I agree that he could be on the verge, but don't see where he fits without either an injury or a release.
    I think it will have a lot to do with whether or not James Harrison is brought back. If he is then Worilds should be allowed to push Woodley. Ain't nothing wrong with a little healthy competition.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Backup

User Info Menu

Marcus Gilbert and Mike Adams. Drafted these guys to be the Future Tackles. Need to hit on both. Max will go elsewhere for a better contract. McClendon plays well when given chance. But we are gonna need to part ways with Casey and his cash eithier tis year or for future. We need someone to be able to control middle against the run. Not sure if Tammuea or the other guy who was brought in later are ready. Mitchell like McClendon so he will be next man up. Would be nice to see Sylverster pick his game up also. Not sure if he has the talent though.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

How about Adrian Robinson exploding onto the scene like Burfict did last season??
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Jason Worilds..... I think Worilds is on the verge. He just needs to play more.
    I agree with you here Dubs. Worilds was drafted during the lock-out, was injured his second year, and injured all off season last year with a wrist injury.

He needs to be healthy this offseason. He is injury prone dating back to college. This is my biggest concern with him.

If he has a healthy off season and continues to work out like he was with Harrison, I bet he has a break-out year next year. Of course, he will then be close to being a free agent. argh!
    Here comes the BOOM!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    How about Adrian Robinson exploding onto the scene like Burfict did last season??
    Raw, way to raw. He finally got a helmet about mid season to play teams. But I suspect he will need another season of seasoning.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Jason Worilds, Cameron Heyward, and Emmanuel Sanders. All three have improved every year they have been in the league but I think it is time for them to establish themselves as legit players.The improvement is great but we need them to really step up. I think Worilds is on the verge. He just needs to play more.

If Worilds really is ready to step up and Harrison is healthy, then cut Woodley. He is mucho pricey and offers no production. Dump him. That would send a nice message to the rest of the team.

Agree Sanders needs to step up. And Heyward.

But I'd put Ben on this list. Last seen, he was throwing game-losing pics to cost us a chance at the play offs. That just ain't cutting it.

I'd also put DeCastro and Adams on this list.

And Dwyer, if he is even back, which, looking at how thin our RB unit is, he probably will be. It would be nice if he could play for more than two runs in a row.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I like this guy. He kinda reminds me of a young James Harrison. A guy who likes to destroy anyone in his path but not disciplined enough to play his position. Like Rob says I think he is a year or two away but I think he could be special.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sanders is underrated. He has at least No. 2 WR skills. Without the bobble and fumble of one pass that might have gone for long yardage or maybe a TD, the perception of Sanders season would be different. He clearly stepped up this year. He played all 16 games even if he was nicked up. I think he does a lot of things well and plays with enthusiasm. I expect him to step up next season.