Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just in case anyone forgot we have a receiver on the Future/ reserve roster

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Just in case anyone forgot we have a receiver on the Future/ reserve roster

Moye, Derek WR 6-5 210 24 R Penn State

Maybe he could fit into the plans here.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post

I met him when I was at PSU. We party hopped together one night through some mutual friends. He was one of those guys who went around all night telling people who we was and looking for special treatment. I don't really care for that guy or that type of personality.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post

You're right, I did forget about this guy......

because he hasn't done anything memorable since joining the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not sure he will make it. I hope we sign Burress for another year.

Starter

User Info Menu

I totally forgot about Derek Moye. He definitely has potential. It sure would be nice if he turned into something. Its not something the Steelers can count on though.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    You're right, I did forget about this guy......

because he hasn't done anything memorable since joining the team.
    Everybody wants big WRs. If he wasn't on a roster, it was likely for a reason.

Rookie

User Info Menu

i would rather see plex than this guy

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I wouldn't mind if they signed Plax for one more year, and I felt they didn't use him enough near the end of last season.
    He's not the plax of old but he still can contribute often drawing penalties of the opposition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Moye was a finesse big receiver at PSU. That usually doesn't work at the NFL level unless you have freakish athleticism like Randy Moss. Moye does not.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

NFL roster cuts: Steelers narrow wide open receiver competition by eliminating three players

By SteelCityRoller on Aug 26 2013

By releasing three receivers Sunday, the Steelers eliminated nearly a quarter of a crowded and seemingly deep section of the depth chart; but they still have more tough decisions to make.

The Pittsburgh Steelers began the preseason with ten receivers on their off-season roster. After the preseason's first round of cuts on Sunday, the group has been reduced to eight.

The team was already expecting Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders to be their 2013 co-starters. Veteran Jerricho Cotchery was expected to contribute as a slot receiver, and Plaxico Burress was re-signed to be a fourth and hopefully a big red zone target for Ben Roethlisberger. Then, the team added Markus Wheaton and Justin Brown in the draft, and filled out their training camp roster with undrafted free agents Derek Moye, Kashif Moore, David Gilreath, J.D. Woods and Reggie Dunn. When Burress tore his rotator cuff in practice ending his season, rookie Tyler Shaw was signed to take his spot.

On Sunday, the team released Gilreath, Shaw and Woods. Shaw had joined the team very late in the training camp process and was well behind the rest of his competition. The rookie Woods joined the team after not being selected in the 2013 draft, and played well in the team's first preseason game. Gilreath joined the team as an undrafted rookie in 2012 and earned a spot on the practice squad, but a muffed preseason punt in 2013 seemed to negate any admiration he had earned from the coaches.

In the team's final preseason game against the Carolina Panthers on Thursday evening, the next four receivers at the bottom of the depth chart will need to stand out like Gilreath did in 2012 if they do not wish to share his fate.

Moye and J. Brown have each excelled at times when given the opportunity. Both men being of bigger builds have attracted the intrigue of the organization as they continue to exhibit good hands and better on field awareness. Moore and Dunn have seen the majority of their respective snaps on special teams as returners. It's unknown exactly how many receivers the team will carry between the roster and the practice squad, but there will not be room for all four unless the team chooses to part ways with one of the others above them on the depth chart.

Thursday night's game will be the final opportunity to prove who deserves roster consideration, and who will find themselves in the NFL's unemployment line.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/8/26/4658998/steelers-roster-cuts-receiver-Gilreath-Woods-Shaw/in/4423229[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha