Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This would be a nice free agent signing...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This would be a nice free agent signing...

If Mike Wallace is gone this would be a nice pick up. I know it isnt going to happen but it still would be a nice.

Brian Hartline 26 6 ft 2 199 74 rec 1,083 yards.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    If Mike Wallace is gone this would be a nice pick up. I know it isnt going to happen but it still would be a nice.

Brian Hartline 26 6 ft 2 199 74 rec 1,083 yards.
    He reminds me a little of Hines. Not all that athletic, but effective. The big question I'd have is can he really help us in the RedZone?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I doubt the Steeler will have enough cash to sign any FA's but if they somehow end up with that option they might want to consider Ramses Barden of the N.Y. Giants.
    The giants have some playmakers at that position that made it tough for Barden to see the field much, but with playing time he could be a nice mix to our corps. At > Height/Weight:6-6/224 Ben couldn't ask for any bigger of a target.
    We could probably get him at a decent salary since he's not in the limelight like some of FA's out there.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I doubt the Steeler will have enough cash to sign any FA's but if they somehow end up with that option they might want to consider Ramses Barden of the N.Y. Giants.
    The giants have some playmakers at that position that made it tough for Barden to see the field much, but with playing time he could be a nice mix to our corps. At > Height/Weight:6-6/224 Ben couldn't ask for any bigger of a target.
    We could probably get him at a decent salary since he's not in the limelight like some of FA's out there.
    Barden could be a good player...when given a opportunity, he did produce...but, behind Cruz, Nicks and Hixon....

He could be a good complement to Sanders and Brown...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Barden could be a good player...when given a opportunity, he did produce...but, behind Cruz, Nicks and Hixon....

He could be a good complement to Sanders and Brown...
    People keep stealing Chadman's ideas...

Instead of signing a guy like Bardon & hoping he becomes something- why not just get Hixon to be the #2?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If Wallace goes to another team, then we need a #1. Is Hartline the guy? IDK. My first thoughts would be no, and I would rather let A. Brown take over that role. Sanders and Cotchery are great #2 and 3s imo. Brown will have to show he can learn the position but I do not question his work ethic. Draft a guy on the second day and we could still have a more than average WR corp with Plax rounding it out. Someone scouting the WR's has the hot hand, let them draft another. I would rather spend the frugal FA money elsewhere.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    People keep stealing Chadman's ideas...

Instead of signing a guy like Bardon & hoping he becomes something- why not just get Hixon to be the #2?
    Simply because I thought the cap-strapped Steelers needed to go younger and cheaper...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

A dynamic TE thru the draft would ease the burden of Brown transitioning to the #1 spot possibly. Let Leonard Pope go bless something....something away from Latrobe.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This would be a nice FA signing....[url]http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/dam/assets/130124135049-10-super-bowl4-single-image-cut.jpg[/url]

Whooooo hooooooo!!!!!
    Last edited by supersteeler; 01-26-2013 at 07:26 AM.

Starter

User Info Menu

I would love to have Hartline on this team. A perfect compliment to the recievers we will have on the roster next season.