Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hal Hunter new OL Coach?

Rookie

User Info Menu

If the Hunter hire happened, then good move by Tomlin...

He's another very solid coach who has a good history with helping young players to develop...

That being said, it's still up to Marcus Gilbert to stop being thrown around and endangering the knee ligaments of his teammates...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Damn, ravens got Castillo, wasn't he a pretty good off. line coach before he went to the defense? Seems like the ravens just keep loading up. I hope our FO finds a gem.
    Yeah, he was a pretty well regarded offensive line coach until he was inexplicably chosen to be the defensive coordinator.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If I am not mistaken, Hal served as the OC last year too. I'm sure he had alot to do with the OL after the promotion and his patchwork OL seemed to hold its own against the Steelers. They kept talking about how the injuries decimated their OL but they played well against us. If true, I would say it has to be at the least a lateral hiring. Maybe some upside? We will find out. He has a group that averages 23 years old...His impact (positive or negative) on them will be seen early.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

That being said, it's still up to Marcus Gilbert to stop being thrown around and endangering the knee ligaments of his teammates...
    He's got to be willing to put in the work. He needs to get stronger and work on his technique all off-season. He gets complacent with any amount of success.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    He's got to be willing to put in the work. He needs to get stronger and work on his technique all off-season. He gets complacent with any amount of success.
    Maybe there was a lot of that going on with our Steelers....

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Former Chargers OL coach, there's a write up on the Depot.
    If this is true, then my statement of hiring him would lead you to believe I know something, which is so far from the truth. I did not even know his name, to me he was just the coach that took 3 new guys from that week against us and shut us down.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Any reason there would be a delay in announcing this, if indeed did happen?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Maybe they are waiting for the SB to be over and will talk with Castillo next week...

Also, I wonder if Russ Grimm would have any interest in returning? Maybe not, but I thought I read somewhere that Zierlein is/ was hired to be BA's OL coach in Ariz......
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Maybe they are waiting for the SB to be over and will talk with Castillo next week...

Also, I wonder if Russ Grimm would have any interest in returning? Maybe not, but I thought I read somewhere that Zierlein is/ was hired to be BA's OL coach in Ariz......
    No thanks to Grimm. We don't need a motorcycle riding buddy for any of the players.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post

I believe that Castillo took a position on Harbaugh's staff for next year as well. He's joining them for the SB like McDaniels did with the Pats* a few years back.