Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three players who need to step up in 2013

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Three players who need to step up in 2013

Jason Worilds, Cameron Heyward, and Emmanuel Sanders. All three have improved every year they have been in the league but I think it is time for them to establish themselves as legit players.The improvement is great but we need them to really step up. I think Worilds is on the verge. He just needs to play more.

Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Good call on all three guys. Worilds and Heyward have both shown flashes, and I think both can step forward. I don't think that Worilds will ever be a James Harrison (few are), but I think in a full season starting he could end up with 10 sacks while holding up against the run. Heyward has shown some flashes and is another guy that I would like to see get more snaps next year.

I'm not sure what to make of Sanders. He may be the best route runner on the team, but he needs to get consistent.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

That's a good list Dee, but one I have in mind is Woodley. We'll need him to re-establish himself as a dominate OLB especially if JH leaves.
    As stated Worlids won't be Harrison but he might be able to hold his own, we need Lamar to bring the Wood in 2013.

Legend

User Info Menu

The entire team (including coaching staff) needs to step up.

No one gets a pass for last season's debacle.

That team should have been 12-4 with no sweat. Pretty easy schedule, especially the last 5 or 6 games.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd add Ziggy Hood to that list as well. It might even be do or die for him. He's playing decent but he needs to make that turn into at least the Aaron Smith category.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

I think that we will need Cortez Allen and perhaps Curtis Brown to step up. Of course, I also don't expect them to be able to re-sign Lewis.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    I'd add Ziggy Hood to that list as well. It might even be do or die for him. He's playing decent but he needs to make that turn into at least the Aaron Smith category.
    Hood's ship has sailed. I like Dee Dub's list, because it's legitimate to think those guys can actually improve, though I do think Sanders is what he is (I find it funny how I think Ben was saying he has #1 WR skill). I think Adjepong can get better, and could get to 10-sack level next year. It's a reach but possible. And I think Heyward still has potential. Hood is what he is.

As for other names mentioned: Tez Allen can certainly improve. To me, Curtis Brown has shown himself as nothing but an athletic ST'r/dime defender. His awareness is poor, and I don't think that improves. Woodley shouldn't even be on the list--that fat ph-k should be much better than he is, bottom line!

Rookie

User Info Menu

We need the post-injury return Antonio Brown to play for the entire year...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Hood's ship has sailed. I like Dee Dub's list, because it's legitimate to think those guys can actually improve, though I do think Sanders is what he is (I find it funny how I think Ben was saying he has #1 WR skill). I think Adjepong can get better, and could get to 10-sack level next year. It's a reach but possible. And I think Heyward still has potential. Hood is what he is.

As for other names mentioned: Tez Allen can certainly improve. To me, Curtis Brown has shown himself as nothing but an athletic ST'r/dime defender. His awareness is poor, and I don't think that improves. Woodley shouldn't even be on the list--that fat ph-k should be much better than he is, bottom line!
    Exactly Shoe. I didn't add Hood because I think he is what he has shown and the Steelers aren't going to get much more out of him.

I really think that Cortez Allen arrived last season. He played very well. Yes he can improve but he did take that step up last season.

And as far as guys like Woodley is concerned, I think that would be more of a re-establish themselves list. As well as James Harrison and Troy Polamalu.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We have too many guys either not playing and missing games due to injury, or playing at 80% or less due to injury. Personally I think Troy has shortened his career due to his training preferences.