Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: And With the 17th Overall Pick, the Steelers Choose....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

And With the 17th Overall Pick, the Steelers Choose....

Manti Te'o. LB Notre Dame

Just watching this interview on Couric's show. What a very interesting young man.. Very impressed. Would make me a proud Steeler fan if he were to wear the Black and Gold. I hope all of you out there get to watch the entire interview.

The most impressive line in the interview (to me) went something like this-

From his dad.... Manti is a kid.. A 21 year old learning to be a man... And I love him...

2 very proud parents up there on stage with him.....

This guy is gonna be special where ever he goes, not only on the field but off as well..

I have a feeling he will be picked way ahead of us though.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Manti Te'o. LB Notre Dame

Just watching this interview on Couric's show. What a very interesting young man.. Very impressed. Would make me a proud Steeler fan if he were to wear the Black and Gold. I hope all of you out there get to watch the entire interview.

The most impressive line in the interview (to me) went something like this-

From his dad.... Manti is a kid.. A 21 year old learning to be a man... And I love him...

2 very proud parents up there on stage with him.....

This guy is gonna be special where ever he goes, not only on the field but off as well..

I have a feeling he will be picked way ahead of us though.
    Before all the hype he was a second rounder. He's not close to Kuechly who was chosen in the top 10 last year. He will be available to us at 17 and we will pass. He will end up going to the Ravens in the 20's. Just watch.

He's a bigger version of Lofa Tatupu.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say we either pick a CB/S, an OT, or a WR with the 17th pick.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

no way I want this guy on the steelers

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    no way I want this guy on the steelers
    I understand that, but doesn't mean the Steelers do or don't.

He won't even be the highest rated MLB on their board. That will go to Ogletree, Minter, and/or Arthur Brown.
    Last edited by BigRob; 01-24-2013 at 05:11 PM.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Eddie- why not? What do you know about him, other than all the crap you've seen in the news?
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the "crap" in the news is beyond plenty, but I just think he is vastly overrated as a player.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    the "crap" in the news is beyond plenty, but I just think he is vastly overrated as a player.
    Agree 100%

He reminds me a lot of Lofa Tatupu and A.J. Hawk. Good not great players.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well, to others he reminds us of Brian Urlacher or Ray Lewis.. He has all the intangibles, athleticism to be a great one.. Better than James Farrior, and he was a 1st rounder... Anyway...
    Last edited by pfelix73; 01-24-2013 at 05:16 PM.
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd still take him. I think some are now under-evaluating him. He is a lot better than most people think. He will be a steady force in the NFL for 10-12 years. And he will bring leadership and play calling from one of the most important positions on the field.

I didn't need to watch his interview to know this is a fine young man. Quality human being with great parents. We are becoming a society that tends to have more of a problem with good people in the lime-light than the bad people. We seem to doubt them more. Be more critical and suspicious of them. Disbelieving. A truly sad state.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Well, to others he reminds us of Brian Urlacher or Ray Lewis.. He has all the intangibles, athleticism to be a great one.. Better than James Farrior, and he was a 1st rounder... Anyway...
    pfelix73 I dont think you are that far off. The kid doesn't do any spectacular but he does most everything well. And what makes him who he is and will be at the next level is...he's a football player.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash