Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: And With the 17th Overall Pick, the Steelers Choose....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Warmack and then Vacarro
    If we could get those two I would be thrilled.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    He knew well before 3 days before the game. He knew going back to Dec 6th. Had a month to deal with it mentally before playing. I don't think it was as much this as it was his limitations being exploited by Alabama.
    That isn't what I am talking about. It has been reported that this fake girlfriend was threatening to show up at the team hotel before the game.

How much more limited is Te'o from James Laurinaitis? Or Rey Lewis when he was drafted (26th overall)? We are talking about a middle linebacker not a freak of nature skilled pass rusher off the edge. Most MLB's by nature are limited skill set wise.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    That isn't what I am talking about. It has been reported that this fake girlfriend was threatening to show up at the team hotel before the game.

How much more limited is Te'o from James Laurinaitis? Or Rey Lewis when he was drafted (26th overall)? We are talking about a middle linebacker not a freak of nature skilled pass rusher off the edge. Most MLB's by nature are limited skill set wise.
    I guess I wouldn't know, I never have long term "relationships" with people I've never met and then lie about it repeatedly to cover it up. I know the kid was more than likely being blackmailed, but he should never have put himself in that position. It's that lack of judgment that is a red flag for me as to his draft stock.

Was Laurinaitis a first round pick? Nope, and neither is Te'o.

MLB'ers being limited is what makes them traditionally second round picks, even the best ones.

Please stop comparing Te'o to Lewis. Not a good comparison. Ray Lewis had a rare amount of fire in his belly even as a college player. All Te'o has is catfish.

I would compare Minter more favorably to Lewis than Te'o. Minter excelled against the best competition in the land. Doesn't make him a first rounder either.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We are all entitled to one's opinions, however, I think you are wrong BigRob. We'll see who is right in say, 2014 or heck maybe even this coming fall...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Alec Ogletree
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Alec Ogletree
    I like Ogletree but if I were an opposing team with Olgetree and Timmons in the middle, I'd just run right at them all day long.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I guess I wouldn't know, I never have long term "relationships" with people I've never met and then lie about it repeatedly to cover it up. I know the kid was more than likely being blackmailed, but he should never have put himself in that position. It's that lack of judgment that is a red flag for me as to his draft stock.
    You just described more than half of our young people in our world. But regardless you think because he used poor judgment in a relationship that makes him not a good draft pick?

Was Laurinaitis a first round pick? Nope, and neither is Te'o.

MLB'ers being limited is what makes them traditionally second round picks, even the best ones.

Please stop comparing Te'o to Lewis. Not a good comparison. Ray Lewis had a rare amount of fire in his belly even as a college player. All Te'o has is catfish.

I would compare Minter more favorably to Lewis than Te'o. Minter excelled against the best competition in the land. Doesn't make him a first rounder either.
    We were talking about skill set-wise, not what is in their belly. Te'o and Lewis coming out of college, very similar skill sets.

Now you know I love Minter but if you are going to use SEC competition, let's also allude to the fact that he was surrounded with blue-chip talent on his defense. Maybe 4 first rounders he played with?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I like Ogletree but if I were an opposing team with Olgetree and Timmons in the middle, I'd just run right at them all day long.
    ogletree is strong against the run.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Gil Brandt thinks he's a first rounder. In fact Rob you are the only one I have heard that says he isn't a first round pick.

12) Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame: Te'o finished his senior season with 113 tackles and seven interceptions (that latter number is unheard of for a linebacker). He did not play well in the BCS Championship Game, but [URL="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000123757/article/manti-teo-still-firstround-pick-despite-rough-bcs-title-game"]everything he's done in his career at Notre Dame[/URL] overrides that.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000126798/article/luke-joeckel-bjoern-werner-headline-2013-nfl-draft-prospects

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    ogletree is strong against the run.
    Laterally yes but at the point of attack, no.