Thread: And With the 17th Overall Pick, the Steelers Choose....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    So this is what makes a player a bust now?

His performance on the field over the past 4 years does not reflect that. In fact it says the opposite.
    Yes... a decent career turned into a Heisman run his senior year and most of it was due to his dying girlfriend and grandmother passing. The ND defense was horrible the last 5 years or so and I think the wrong guy got the credit for the turnaround due to an off field hoax.

The more I think about it this ND defense was down right horrible last year. Before this yeqr how many times did anyone hear Te'o's name as the leader of this amazing run stopoing D? ND's stats are tricky because they feasted on bad teams. Only 5 teams had winning records last year and this year I think they only played 4 teams who finished with winning records...

Nix is the real reason this D was so good this year IMO. Te'o is or should be a second rounder or 3rd rounder. I trupy believe he is getting the Quinn, Clausen type boost from the teams name. I will definitely eat crow if he shines at the next level because I think he will struggle to get off blocks and get exposed in coverage vs NFL speed. He showed good hands this year but the last 3? Nada...
    Last edited by feltdizz; 01-25-2013 at 08:49 AM.