Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: And With the 17th Overall Pick, the Steelers Choose....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    This kid was talking to a guy faking a female voice. Im sorry but this Teo kid has bust written all over him.
    So this is what makes a player a bust now?

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    He is average physically and his instincts are suspect.
    His performance on the field over the past 4 years does not reflect that. In fact it says the opposite.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Here is Ogletree against Alabama...he had a big game against NFL talent.

[URL]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AZy_y0on4u8[/URL]

While his strength isn't thumping...he is electric...could even put him at OLB. Gotta love a linebacker that fast and athletic.
    In a lot of those plays he's not even getting blocked. The guy is 6-3 232. Does he not know what a weight room is? The guy looks slightly bigger than a safety or even Cortez Allen.

He will get swallowed up by NFL o-lineman. No thanks... and we can't wait 3 years for him to develop. Te'o has the prototypical size of a linebacker that could start today.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Not me. I'm not jaded by one game. I saw Te'o a lot over the past 4 years and he is better coming forward than Ogletree is. Olgetree is a great pursuit player but coming forward is a different story.
    Yeah, I was banging the Te'o drum HARD before all this sh- came out. The reason I was, was the play-making ability he displayed at ND (e.g. 7 INT's as an ILB). This defense needs YOUNG talent all over, but above and beyond that, it needs PLAYMAKERS. I guy like Te'o would be a HUGE help right now. But I'm sorry... between now and April, something has to come up to change my mind about his CHARACTER. Otherwise, I don't touch him with a 10' pole.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    In a lot of those plays he's not even getting blocked. The guy is 6-3 232. Does he not know what a weight room is? The guy looks slightly bigger than a safety or even Cortez Allen.

He will get swallowed up by NFL o-lineman. No thanks... and we can't wait 3 years for him to develop. Te'o has the prototypical size of a linebacker that could start today.
    Waiting three years to develop is kinda standard on our defense which is why there are so many 30 somethings. LeBeau wouldn't have it any other way.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Waiting three years to develop is kinda standard on our defense which is why there are so many 30 somethings. LeBeau wouldn't have it any other way.
    Woodley and Timmons contributed as rookies, but don't let facts cloud your rants.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I'm also impressed with Kevin Minter. He's prototypical 3-4 ILB. Based on the videos I've been watching, he has some of the best read-and-react skills I've seen for an ILB in this draft. He shows good vision for the inside and the ability to work his way through the trash on the inside which is what Timmons had so much trouble with in years past.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think that we go ILB in round two, taking Minter. I think Elam will be the pick in round one. I think he's a little bit of a reach, but we need a safety to develop. Don't think we're done there though. I think we may go with another safety in round 3. Rambo or whatever his name is at that point.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I think that we go ILB in round two, taking Minter. I think Elam will be the pick in round one. I think he's a little bit of a reach, but we need a safety to develop. Don't think we're done there though. I think we may go with another safety in round 3. Rambo or whatever his name is at that point.
    Minter won't be around when we pick in Round 2.

as for Rambo, he and Alex Ogletree were suspended for the first 4 games of this past season for marijuana use. I realize we drafted Mike Adams even though he was also a known pot smoker but after what happened with Ta'amu and Rainey this past season I believe both Rambo and Ogletree will be off our draft board.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think its going to be either NT or S or WR or TE.

This draft is loaded with O-linemen. They can get a good OG/OT in Rd 2- Rd 3.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think we go LB in the 1st either inside or outside. I think players like Ansah, Jordan, Te'o, Ogletree, Mingo, they are all in play for the Steelers and whoever Colbert and Tomlin like the best will be where they go. In rounds 2 and 3, I think the Steelers will find playmakers for #7 in the backfield and outside (Eddie Lacy and Robert Woods), those picks would make me happy. Add depth in the secondary and on the offensive line the rest of the way. This team is sorely lacking in quality depth, that's why injuries hurt so bad last season. The next man up wasn't good enough. The team also needs to find a young QB in my opinion to develop with Batch hanging onto a roster spot for one more season. Change is a coming folks, we'll see if Tomlin can develop talent now and if Colbert can continue to find it.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>