Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 110

Thread: And With the 17th Overall Pick, the Steelers Choose....

  1. #81
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,569
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I like Minter the best for us at ILB in the 3-4. The played very well against Alabama. He's a playa.

    As for Ogletree. Navarrow Bowman was 230lbs his senior year at PSU. He came to the combine 245lbs. Have you seen the dude now? He's yoked up to the sky. Timmons was 232lbs at the combine his draft year in 2007. He's 245 now.

    Ogletree has the frame to carry 20 more lbs easy. Ogletree needs to learn to use his hands and that can be taught by a good LB'er coach like Butler. Ogletree has the upside and the frame to play in any defense. We likely won't take him because of the character risk, but he is a perfect fit for defense like Chicago or Minnesota.
    I like Ogletree. He is the type of speed guy that you need at LB today.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  2. #82
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The "ability to fight through blocks, the "trash" on the inside, etc" is way overrated in today's NFL. It is an archaic notion when most of the offense was about running the ball. When was the last time we lost a game because of the opponents run game. We lose lots of games because of the opponents ability to pass. It is much, much more importnat now that Linebackers have the ability to cover, blitz and move side to side than be old fashioned "run Stuffers." Offense is about speed in today's NFL and defenders need to be speedy run and hit types.

    The reason that Timmons is our best LB is because he is the model of what a LB needs to be in today's NFL.
    I still think Spence is the perfect compliment to Timmy and the Steelers don't need an ILB. I wouldn't mind if we went OLB in rounds 1 and 2. Or grabbed an NT. I think we could take a S and WR in rounds 3 and 4.

  3. #83
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,569
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I still think Spence is the perfect compliment to Timmy and the Steelers don't need an ILB. I wouldn't mind if we went OLB in rounds 1 and 2. Or grabbed an NT. I think we could take a S and WR in rounds 3 and 4.
    If Spence can come back from his injuries he is still a year away...IMO. Had he not gotten hurt I agree with you 100%. However, he is a risk right now until he proves otherwise so I think you have to assume you need another ILB.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  4. #84
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    ...When was the last time we lost a game because of the opponents run game.
    Week 3 versus Oakland Raiders. Darren McFadden.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  5. #85
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    This kid was talking to a guy faking a female voice. Im sorry but this Teo kid has bust written all over him. He is average physically and his instincts are suspect.
    And like everything else in this matter you are wrong about this too. You jump to judge and are so quick to assume and believe in the wrong that the truth often passes you right by.

    Relatives of Tino Tuiasosopo, a woman in her mid-20s who lives in Pago Pago, American Samoa, told the New York Post that Te'o has been speaking to her."Tino is the girl that Manti has been talking to all these months," said a Tuiasosopo cousin, according to the Post.

    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...nti-teo-report
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  6. #86
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The "ability to fight through blocks, the "trash" on the inside, etc" is way overrated in today's NFL. It is an archaic notion when most of the offense was about running the ball. When was the last time we lost a game because of the opponents run game. We lose lots of games because of the opponents ability to pass. It is much, much more importnat now that Linebackers have the ability to cover, blitz and move side to side than be old fashioned "run Stuffers." Offense is about speed in today's NFL and defenders need to be speedy run and hit types.

    The reason that Timmons is our best LB is because he is the model of what a LB needs to be in today's NFL.
    Are you kidding me? It's not overrated when you run a 3-4 defense. If you're 3-4 ILB can't do that.. you won't win. Obviously, the run game didn't have an impact on San Fran and the Ravens winning their championship games <sarcasm>.

    I know your in favor of switching to a 4-3. That's well documented. But saying a 3-4 ILB's ability to fight through blocks, the "trash" on the inside, etc is overrated is simply inaccurate.

    Timmons was our best LB this year. In years past, when he was extremely weak at diagnosing plays, fighting through blocks, etc ... he wasn't our best LB and he was a liability in run defense.

  7. #87
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    Timmons stepped up big time this year, if we can get Woodley back to form and Worlids takes advantage of his opportunity we should be ok.
    I didn't include Harrison becaus it doesn't look like we'll be able to keep him. Worlids is the wild card, we need him to step up, he did have 5 sacks with limited playing time so maybe a full year of playing might be what the doctor ordered.

    If we get the Ben before his injury in 2013, we can compete with anyone, so its not all gloom and doom.
    Our Steelers will be back.

  8. #88
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    And like everything else in this matter you are wrong about this too. You jump to judge and are so quick to assume and believe in the wrong that the truth often passes you right by.

    Relatives of Tino Tuiasosopo, a woman in her mid-20s who lives in Pago Pago, American Samoa, told the New York Post that Te'o has been speaking to her."Tino is the girl that Manti has been talking to all these months," said a Tuiasosopo cousin, according to the Post.

    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...nti-teo-report
    LOL.. give it a few days, it will change again.. its like a mexican soap opera.









    As far as my prediction.... we will see. Im pretty confident this guy is over rated. If he was so great in pass coverage where are the ints the previous 3 years? Teo has nice stats but its because the D was gashed like crazy the last 3 years.

    This is a very good report on the positives and negatives of the Notre Dame D the last few years.

    http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...-to-be-desired

  9. #89
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,391
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    LOL.. give it a few days, it will change again.. its like a mexican soap opera.

    As far as my prediction.... we will see. Im pretty confident this guy is over rated. If he was so great in pass coverage where are the ints the previous 3 years? Teo has nice stats but its because the D was gashed like crazy the last 3 years.

    This is a very good report on the positives and negatives of the Notre Dame D the last few years.

    http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...-to-be-desired
    I can't believe how badly they're killing this kid in the media. I saw a clip where Katie Couric asked him if he was gay. The media kinda sucks.

    The one thing I have noticed about him is he looks a little bit pudgy and like he might be a little slow. None of this stuff is helping him in the draft at all.

  10. #90
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    ...
    As far as my prediction.... we will see. Im pretty confident this guy is over rated. If he was so great in pass coverage where are the ints the previous 3 years? Teo has nice stats but its because the D was gashed like crazy the last 3 years.
    For someone who says they watch a lot of the Notre football you obviously didn't pay much attention. Te'o developed into a descent cover LB. Prior to this year he wasn't as good and it wasn't a secret. As a result he was used differently prior to this year. Primarily coming forward. Playing down hill. And if you look at his numbers you can see the difference. This year his tackles were down. But he had 7 INT's. He was used a lot more in coverage and that is because he improved at it. The three years before this his tackles were way up as well as his tackles for loss. This is a testimony of the type of player he is becoming. Much more rounded. And that to me speaks a lot more volume to the type of character he has. He has really put in the work to improve his overall game.

    But you really dont know much about Manti Te'o the football player. So I am really wasting my time.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •