Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: And With the 17th Overall Pick, the Steelers Choose....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    ogletree is strong against the run.
    ...and I would think that what is best for the Steelers is to have a player next to Timmons who compliments him. One who has a strength that he doesn't have. Not one with a similar skill set. I have said since late September that I feel as if there are two ILB in this draft who fit that bill. Manti Te'o and Kevin Minter.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    ...and I would think that what is best for the Steelers is to have a player next to Timmons who compliments him. One who has a strength that he doesn't have. Not one with a similar skill set. I have said since late September that I feel as if there are two ILB in this draft who fit that bill. Manti Te'o and Kevin Minter.
    Ogletree is the most athletic ILB in the draft, fast, strong good against the run and pass...don't see why that is a bad thing. If you want a traditional thumper type go with Zack Boren in the 5th.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Laterally yes but at the point of attack, no.
    ill take Ogletree at the poa anyway over T'eo.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Any chance that you all are buying in to another one of this guy's acts/lies? I'm sorry, but I'm more jaded than to think that a 22-year old kid with unlimited midwestern co-ed tang at his beck & call, would be so gullible to fall for some long-term internet relationship where he never got to sniff the tang, not one bit. You gotta try hard to believe that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ogletree was suspended for the first 4 games of this past season for marijuana use. I realize we drafted Mike Adams even though he was also a known pot smoker but after what happened with Ta'amu and Rainey this past season I think Ogletree will be off our draft board.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Here is Ogletree against Alabama...he had a big game against NFL talent.

[url]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AZy_y0on4u8[/url]

While his strength isn't thumping...he is electric...could even put him at OLB. Gotta love a linebacker that fast and athletic.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Ogletree was suspended for the first 4 games of this past season for marijuana use. I realize we drafted Mike Adams even though he was also a known pot smoker but after what happened with Ta'amu and Rainey this past season I think Ogletree will be off our draft board.
    Ugh...didn't know that. Yeah, that will hurt his chances to be a Steeler.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ogletree is the most athletic ILB in the draft, fast, strong good against the run and pass...don't see why that is a bad thing. If you want a traditional thumper type go with Zack Boren in the 5th.
    I agree with that. Olgetree is a beast but I would prefer a more traditional run stuffer (Te'o/Minter), along with a cover linebacker (Timmons).
    Last edited by Dee Dub; 01-24-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not me. I'm not jaded by one game. I saw Te'o a lot over the past 4 years and he is better coming forward than Ogletree is. Olgetree is a great pursuit player but coming forward is a different story.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Any chance that you all are buying in to another one of this guy's acts/lies? I'm sorry, but I'm more jaded than to think that a 22-year old kid with unlimited midwestern co-ed tang at his beck & call, would be so gullible to fall for some long-term internet relationship where he never got to sniff the tang, not one bit. You gotta try hard to believe that.
    This kid was talking to a guy faking a female voice. Im sorry but this Teo kid has bust written all over him. He is average physically and his instincts are suspect.