Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jets are shopping Darrelle Revis

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It's not even worth bringing up. It is soooooo un-Steeler like, not to mention, he is going to be a colossal cap hit, and we already have to find a way to keep most of what we have just for starters.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I wonder if there is a team out there willing to do a nut job like Mike Ditka did when he coached the Saints?

He traded all his 8 picks for Rickey Williams, Wow no wonder he's in the booth.

Revis will require too much for any team, you can't break the bank for one player he alone can't make a team better without the other parts.

Btw, [url]http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/mike-ditka-ricky-williams.JPG[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

One rumor I heard was Revis to San Fran for Alex Smith. Makes some sense for the Jets actually.

[url]http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2013/01/inside-the-49ers/report-49ers-highly-interested-in-trading-for-darrelle-revis/[/url]
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 01-25-2013 at 10:15 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Jets are almost $20M over the cap and Revis' 2013 hit is $12M!!

Ridiculous amount of money to pay a CB in my opinion. Probably would prevent the Steelers from signing 2 or 3 targeted players. Too rich for my blood...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Forget Revis. He costs too much.
    Re-sign Keenan Ivory Lewis for a more reasonable sum. He's competent, durable, and knows the defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would also add that no matter how 'shutdown' Revis is, if the Steelers don't fix their pass rush, even Revis will struggle to cover some of the WRs for 4 or 5 seconds.

The Steelers have done this before. Their corners were getting ripped until they added Woodley opposite Harrison. They thought they had a tandem set for 5 yrs but unfortunately Harrison got old, and Woodley got fat/lazy.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 01-26-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Jets are almost $20M over the cap and Revis' 2013 hit is $12M!!

Ridiculous amount of money to pay a CB in my opinion. Probably would prevent the Steelers from signing 2 or 3 targeted players. Too rich for my blood...
    I dont think I agree with this. He was the main reason their team went to back to back AFC Championship games. It was not their QB. Revis was literally shutting down a 3rd of the field. He was without question the best player they had on their team.

But having said that..12 million is a lot to be paying anyone who isnt a franchise QB.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Forget Revis. He costs too much.
    Re-sign Keenan Ivory Lewis for a more reasonable sum. He's competent, durable, and knows the defense.
    By the post I was suggesting the Steelers get Revis. Just posting league information. I agree with you. Let's re-sign Keenan Lewis.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    By the post I was suggesting the Steelers get Revis. Just posting league information. I agree with you. Let's re-sign Keenan Lewis.
    Appreciate your posts, Dee Dub. The threads about draft possibilities bring good thread discussions, and informs me (I'm not a draftnik).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Appreciate your posts, Dee Dub. The threads about draft possibilities bring good thread discussions, and informs me (I'm not a draftnik).