Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If the Steelers draft Warmack then.....

Administrator

User Info Menu

If the Steelers draft Warmack then.....

Which player do we NOT resign when the time comes for their second contract?

DeCastro
    Pouncey
    Warmack

If DeCastro and Warmack perform like we expect, I guarantee we won't be able to keep all three especially considering their 2nd contracts will be huge and we can't allocate all that money to just the o-line (2 being G)

Additionally, how can you wrap up all that money in two guards and a center without including a high-priced position like T (especially LT).
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Another reason why we wont draft him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    Another reason why we wont draft him.
    That won't stop them from drafting him if he is the BPA. O-line is still a position of need. Destro still has years on his contract. Pouncey will be taken care of first.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I wonder how the 49ers are doing it. They have 3 PRO Bowlers on their offensive line.
    We need a dominate interior O-line and then you will see our run game explode, if they have to worry about signings down the road then just hand the ball off to Dwyer hoping Beachum can open a lane for him or whoever is back there.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I know this is a "what if?" scenario, but I'm fairly comfortable with the fact that he won't be there at #10, let alone #17.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I know this is a "what if?" scenario, but I'm fairly comfortable with the fact that he won't be there at #10, let alone #17.
    Yep...it is a pipe dream. He wont last past pick ten. I think he goes top 8. We might as well say what if, Jarvis Jones is there? Nearly the same thing.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Holy cow... Decastro just finished his rookie year, Pouncey has already made All-Pro in his career, and we're already talking about their potential ouster???

You gotta love Steeler fans.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Seriously...unless Warmack plays OT, he will still be there at 17...

All of the stuff that's being said about Warmack was said about DeCastro...go back and read it...

I could be wrong, but history shows that I probably won't be...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

All of the stuff that's being said about Warmack was said about DeCastro...go back and read it...

Dude Warmack is being graded out as a top 3 player in this entire draft. DeCastro never came close to Warmack. DeCastro is good but Warmack is on another level.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

Your right... That's why I laugh when people say "He'll be long gone by the time we pick"

Warmack won't be the pick. Allocating two first round picks to a guard position just doesn't make sense. You can't fill every o-line position with a 1st and 2nd round pick. You have to spread elite picks around the team. This time, it's defense.

ILB or S is my bet. OLB is a possibility. The ONLY offensive position I could as a round 1 pick is wide receiver.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.