Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If the Steelers draft Warmack then.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Seriously...unless Warmack plays OT, he will still be there at 17...

All of the stuff that's being said about Warmack was said about DeCastro...go back and read it...

I could be wrong, but history shows that I probably won't be...
    Gil Brandt is pretty good at scouting and he says...

[url]http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000126798/article/luke-joeckel-bjoern-werner-headline-2013-nfl-draft-prospects[/url]
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I wonder how the 49ers are doing it. They have 3 PRO Bowlers on their offensive line.
    We need a dominate interior O-line and then you will see our run game explode, if they have to worry about signings down the road then just hand the ball off to Dwyer hoping Beachum can open a lane for him or whoever is back there.
    Dwyer is not a starting running back in this league.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You could be right steelz09, but drafting a player like Warmack makes sense to me in that we would have the potential to dominate the interior of that line. With that our run game improves as well.
    If we draft a OLB which we do need I doubt we are dominate with that unit without James Harrison no matter who we draft at OLB. We need to fill the ILB spot as well.

And just for the record, I agree with you that even if Warmack is there I doubt the Steelers would take him, its just that I would love to see him picked.

Dwyer is not a starting running back in this league.
    I know that very well, we need a feature back but could use a feature LG as well.
    Last edited by supersteeler; 01-23-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

what if eric fisher is sitting there? I could swallow that a lot better than another OG. I'm not sure what they have in gilbert, so it might be interesting if fisher is available at 17.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    what if eric fisher is sitting there? I could swallow that a lot better than another OG. I'm not sure what they have in gilbert, so it might be interesting if fisher is available at 17.
    Wow..Eddie you beat me to it. I am watching the tape of today's practice (Senior Bowl), and Eric Fisher is a stud. He is the guy that the Steelers may have a shot at. Great feet. Good hands. Long arms. Bonafide NFL LT.

I was just about to post about him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Those issues won't occur for 3-4 years. Use the dominant OL they would be in the meantime and sort that out at that time.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Wow..Eddie you beat me to it. I am watching the tape of today's practice (Senior Bowl), and Eric Fisher is a stud. He is the guy that the Steelers may have a shot at. Great feet. Good hands. Long arms. Bonafide NFL LT.

I was just about to post about him.
    Everything I have read lately suggests his stock is rising, Dub

I think Adams can be a dominant RT and pairing him with Fisher might give us a great duo going forward. I just dont believe drafting another OG in the 1st is a wise move for this team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    Everything I have read lately suggests his stock is rising, Dub

I think Adams can be a dominant RT and pairing him with Fisher might give us a great duo going forward. I just dont believe drafting another OG in the 1st is a wise move for this team.
    I would not have a problem if the Steelers drafted him. He looks real good. Problem is everyone is raving about him now and LT is a premium. He could move way up the board.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Dude Warmack is being graded out as a top 3 player in this entire draft. DeCastro never came close to Warmack. DeCastro is good but Warmack is on another level.
    If he is a top 3 level talent playing Guard, I'd snap him up at 17 and make him a Tackle. Even if it isn't his "natural" position, one would think that he could succeed (if not thrive) at Tackle.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Warmack is a good football player. In a "normal" offseason I could see the Pick. If he is there as the highest rated player I still think the Steelers will be looking to get out. If they can't, they will stick to their board. Come draft time...You may all know what I'm talking about. There may be more holes on this roster than ever before in recent memory. The Steelers may not even have the option of signing a guy for vet min to fill any holes. The draft is your plugger now with the new CBA and the Steelers "reload" will be full swing.

As far as G, draft Brian Winters in the 3rd and you may have that missing piece on the OL.