Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If the Steelers draft Warmack then.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

User Info Menu

If the Steelers draft Warmack then.....

Which player do we NOT resign when the time comes for their second contract?

DeCastro
    Pouncey
    Warmack

If DeCastro and Warmack perform like we expect, I guarantee we won't be able to keep all three especially considering their 2nd contracts will be huge and we can't allocate all that money to just the o-line (2 being G)

Additionally, how can you wrap up all that money in two guards and a center without including a high-priced position like T (especially LT).
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Another reason why we wont draft him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    Another reason why we wont draft him.
    That won't stop them from drafting him if he is the BPA. O-line is still a position of need. Destro still has years on his contract. Pouncey will be taken care of first.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I wonder how the 49ers are doing it. They have 3 PRO Bowlers on their offensive line.
    We need a dominate interior O-line and then you will see our run game explode, if they have to worry about signings down the road then just hand the ball off to Dwyer hoping Beachum can open a lane for him or whoever is back there.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I wonder how the 49ers are doing it. They have 3 PRO Bowlers on their offensive line.
    We need a dominate interior O-line and then you will see our run game explode, if they have to worry about signings down the road then just hand the ball off to Dwyer hoping Beachum can open a lane for him or whoever is back there.
    Dwyer is not a starting running back in this league.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Kaepernick is on his rookie contract, Gore is getting on in years, Crabtree is the biggest name in the WR corps and Vernon Davis might be their best offensive weapon and he's a tight end. There probably isn't a lot of money tied up in skill players, so they can afford the pro-bowl linemen.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Kaepernick is on his rookie contract, Gore is getting on in years, Crabtree is the biggest name in the WR corps and Vernon Davis might be their best offensive weapon and he's a tight end. There probably isn't a lot of money tied up in skill players, so they can afford the pro-bowl linemen.

Pappy
    I honestly think that is how it should be done on offense. Pay for your franchise QB, 3 pro-bowl lineman and 2 other solid guys. cheap skill position guys that can get the job done. Rest of the money spent on D
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I know this is a "what if?" scenario, but I'm fairly comfortable with the fact that he won't be there at #10, let alone #17.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I know this is a "what if?" scenario, but I'm fairly comfortable with the fact that he won't be there at #10, let alone #17.
    Yep...it is a pipe dream. He wont last past pick ten. I think he goes top 8. We might as well say what if, Jarvis Jones is there? Nearly the same thing.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Holy cow... Decastro just finished his rookie year, Pouncey has already made All-Pro in his career, and we're already talking about their potential ouster???

You gotta love Steeler fans.